 CAD / 10943
Re: *** LDView Version 2.1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 03:42:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Damien Guichard wrote:
   Wow! Congratulations!

Thanks. I’m glad you appreciate it.

   At some point i have believed LDView is at a climax and can’t improve further. How wrong i was. The improvement is constant, far beyond what i could imagine on my old hardware. It seems i can zoom much deeper with this version, really great!

By default, zooming is limited in such a way that the camera can never get closer to the model than its calculated radius. The previous calculated radius was based on a rectangular box around the entire model (the model’s bounding box). The current one is based on the smallest sphere that can encompass the model centered on the center of that same bounding box. So if you view a brick, you should see the same level of zooming (or very nearly so), but for some models you can now zoom significantly closer.

On a side note, if you don’t mind having the camera end up inside the model, there is a command line/registry setting you can set to allow you to zoom closer. Set the ZoomMax setting to (say) 1000. (You’ll likely need to look at LDView’s help file to see how to do this. Feel free to send me an e-mail if the help file doesn’t make sense.)

Many thanks for this essential ldraw tool,

You’re welcome.

--Travis Cobbs