 CAD / 10941
Re: *** LDView Version 2.1 Released ***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 05:09:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Travis Cobbs wrote:
* Fixed SaveSnapshot so that it now only loads the model once; previously it
   would load it and then immediately reload it, doubling the load time.

this seams not being true for the command line. actually now it loads the model
twice, taking twice as much time ;-)

I went and looked, and found a couple of things.  On video cards with good
OpenGL support, it only loads the model once, but it compiles the model twice.
I'll have this fixed in the next version.  (You can tell if you have one of
these video cards if you never see an LDView window when you tell it to generate
a snapshot from the command line.)

On video cards with not so good OpenGL support, it loads the model twice and
compiles the model twice.  As far as I know, this has always been the case.  I
will look into fixing this, but it unfortunately isn't as easy as the other fix.
(When I tried a quick fix, the program crashed, and it's unclear at the moment
why.)

--Travis