 CAD / 10657
Re: Another question about LPub PLIs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 13:19:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
   snip

Also, as I was reviewing the images from last night’s rendering, I noticed some unexpected behavior with the BI BEGIN GREYED command. I have been using it in conjunction with ML-cad’s Buffer Exchange, and I have one step where only the parts inside the BI BEGIN and BI END pair are greyed out; all other parts (including parts added in previous steps) are their normal, unshaded colors. The steps before and after are both shaded correctly. I then have another step farther on in the model where I use that command, and all parts for that step and all following steps are shaded. Are there any problems with nesting LPub meta-statements? I usually use the BI statements inside a PLIST BEGIN IGN/PLIST END pair. Have you ever encountered situations like either of these two?

PLIST BEGIN/END pair should not contain a step, rotstep or buffer exchange.

I’m sorry; I was not clear in what I said. I’m using a buffer exchange, and then calling the PLIST BEGIN IGN and BI BEGIN GREYED pairs after I call the buffer retrieve statement. I’m at work right now, so I don’t have my file in front of me to get the exact order. I do know that I’m not calling any buffer exchange commands inside of any LPub command pairs.

snip

I’ve done some more investigating since I wrote the above. It seems that the LPub meta statements don’t have anything to do with the behavior I described. I’ve uploaded a sample .ldr file and the LPub config file that I was using, if you would like to try to reproduce the problem. I’ve put the pictures of my results on Brickshelf for comparison once they are moderated.

Am I using the buffer command incorrectly? I’ve tried to find examples of its usage, but I could be missing something. Thanks for any insights you may have.

In the 3rd step you are expecting the yellow 2x4 plates and the red 2x2 round plates to be greyed?

But they are newly added in the step. To grey them you need to use BI GREYED.

Kevin
   -Joel