 CAD / 10654
Re: Another question about LPub PLIs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:04:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
<snip>

Hello again,
I've come up with something else that I thought I'd mention.  I ran my file
through LPub last night, with the minimum distance for the steps set at 100000
(which, by the way, seems to be about what I need to fix my scale problems), and
the minimum distance for the parts images was set to 75000.  However, the parts
images came out much smaller than the pictures of the parts in the model.  I
started re-rendering them this morning at a lesser m.d., and realized that the
parts images seem to be rendered in a window that's either 640x480 or 800x600.
This isn't a problem, since I don't really want/need the parts images for my
project to be the same size as the parts in the step images.  I just thought I'd
mention it as something you may want to look at.

What is it that you think is an issue here?  At print resolution I think I use
800x600.  At screen resolution I think I use 640x480.

Are you seeing it switch back and forth while jus staying in screen resolution?

Also, as I was reviewing the images from last night's rendering, I noticed some
unexpected behavior with the BI BEGIN GREYED command.  I have been using it in
conjunction with ML-cad's Buffer Exchange, and I have one step where only the
parts inside the BI BEGIN and BI END pair are greyed out; all other parts
(including parts added in previous steps) are their normal, unshaded colors.
The steps before and after are both shaded correctly.  I then have another step
farther on in the model where I use that command, and all parts for that step
and all following steps are shaded.
Are there any problems with nesting LPub meta-statements?  I usually use the BI
statements inside a PLIST BEGIN IGN/PLIST END pair.  Have you ever encountered
situations like either of these two?

PLIST BEGIN/END pair should not contain a step, rotstep or buffer exchange.

Thanks again.

-Joel

Kevin