 CAD / 10649
Re: Question about LPub PLIs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 02:13:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

[snip]

Thanks for the info.  I can make do with the PLIs as they are right now; I was
just curious.
I'm now running into a problem with the Minimum Camera Distance setting.  The
main model of my project is built on a 32 x 32 baseplate, and I've been having a
hard time getting the sub models to render at the same scale as the main model.
Is there a way, other than trial and error, to figure out how large of a value I
need to enter to get everything the same size?  I am currently rendering at 2048
x 1536, and I have Minimum Distance for both step and part images set at 50000.
I am using LPub 2.2.0.2.
Thanks again for all of your work on this software.  I would not be anywhere
near where I am now in getting instructions made for this project without it.

-Joel

Hi Joel,
  I think there is a way to get the numbers, but it is kind of barbaric (i.e.
not through the GUI.).

  Have LPub not delete the POV files after image rendering.  I thnk that this is
in the Building Instructions -> Miscellaneous tab.  Rerender only the sub-model
that has the base plate, and examine any of the POV files that are left over for
that model/sub-model.  The minimum camera distance should be available in camera
section (near the bottom) of that file.

  This is another good suggestion for LPub.

Thanks,
Kevin

Ok, I've saved the first POV file that was generated.  Here is the camera
section of the code; I had specified a minimum distance of 75000:

// Camera (Latitude,Longitude,Radius = 0,0,0)
camera {
#declare PCT = 0; // Percentage further away
#declare STEREO = 0; // Normal view
//#declare STEREO =  degrees(atan2(1,12))/2; // Left view
//#declare STEREO = -degrees(atan2(1,12))/2; // Right view
location vaxis_rotate(<0,2.55207,-51858.9> + PCT/100.0*<0,0,-51858.9>,
                      <0,-2.68935e+009,0>,STEREO)
sky      -y
right    -4/3*x
look_at  <0,2.55207,0> // calculated
angle    1
rotate   <0,1e-5,0> // Prevent gap between adjecent quads
//orthographic
}

Unfortunately, nothing jumps out at me as being related to the minumum distance,
but that may just be my ignorance of the POV syntax.
For now, I'll keep going with trial and error to get the distance right.  Of
course, if you have any other suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them.

-Joel