 CAD / *29395 (-20)
  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) Understood. I think we need to focus on creating legitimacy for making decisions on standards before actually making decisions on standards. ;-) (...) That's a resonable request. Here's some thoughts -- I think the standards body will be (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: BFC problem with 970s01.dat?

(...) Hi travis, Thanks for LDView, Each part is carefully reviewed by volunteers in Parts Tracker. That means if a part says CERTIFY you can be pretty confident regarding its usage of BFC-ed primitives. I think errors are still possible with (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: A call to membership!

(...) Well I think I can contribute something to this, and would love to see the LDraw tools become more standard & widely used, so I hereby volunteer 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

"Travis Cobbs" <tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HBvHFv.1x9E@lugnet.com... (...) This is not at all uncommon in programming languages, take Pascal for example (UCSD-Pascal, Delphi): A comment can be (* any characters except the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: ldraw based import parts

(...) Very nice parts! I teach a class in 3D CAD at a Community College in California, and I have had my students model a LEGO dragster for a few semesters now. As LDraw gets better and better with the additions of applications like LPub and LSynth, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Observatory - revised teaser pic

Hi all, Since this teasing with pics is popular, I thought I'd put one up too! Look at (URL) wait for more!!! Jaco (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.space)

  Re: Backwards Compatibility (Was Calling all Meta-commands)

(...) That's fine also. I was only offering a possible way to avoid taking even more useful options away from the standards commitee. I don't think it would be too much to ask that new commands all be prefixed with 'UNOFF' or 'UNOFFICIAL'. It of (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: A call to membership!

Hi Orion - (Note, I am NOT volunteering for the Standards committee) 1) Thanks for posting this. It's a good thing to have a fresh post for a show of hands. 2) Notice that Steve Bliss has been absent in this whole thread. I think we should wait to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  A call to membership!

Let it be known that membership on the LDraw Standard committe is now open. All those who wish to apply reply. So far we have 3 applicants: Orion Pobursky Kevin Clague Larry Pieniazek and one possible applicant Steve Bliss We're basically looking (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) I wasn't too enthusiastic about conference calls when I first heard W3C talk about them. They kind of grew on me as I saw how effective they were. We could resolve in 5 minutes an issue that would otherwise take days of elapsed time and hours (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  SC Membership (was Re: LDraw Versioning)

(...) [snip] (...) All: I'm open to the concept of being on the SC. My concern is that is that I am not either a heavy LDraw user or LDraw tool person. This is primarily because most of the LDraw tools only run on Windows and I only run Linux these (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  converting SW assembly files to Ldraw??

Hi all, A question: I've made a big assembly of a MOC technic sportscar in Solidworks. (Before I knew there is the existence of MLcad and LEOcad.) (URL) there any program that can convert such files to Ldraw?? It would be very nice because .dat, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Full orthographic town view

Hi Eduardo, This can easily be done with LPub, a program that takes LDR/DAT/MPD files as inputs, and creates POV-Ray images easily. Most people use LPub to create building instructions, but LPub can also be used for single images. You can control (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) Cool. :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) very very easy to set up. A list where membership is moderated (not anyone can sign up), only members can post, and has public html archives is very easy to do. (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) Definitely. I think it's important to draw from ILTCO's experience forming as well as Wayne's experience on the W3C. (...) Good idea. While I'm not going for a position on the SB myself, I can attest for the value of voice conversations over (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Full orthographic town view

I started playing with that command but I'm not great with Pov-ray so can some tell me how to make a orthographic view of my town? I don't have the town done yet but i whould like to have one done resolutions I whould like to have my town in are 800 (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) There's a (mailman, I think) mailing list set up on LDraw.org which no one uses. We set it up to be used, but never made an effort to move discussion about organizaiton there, so we never used it. The intent was to allow anyone to join and (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) I don't have time to comment on all the rest yet, but ldraw is already set up for this - has been for a year, since we set it up for members@ldraw.org. Dan (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)

(...) I hear you. We may find that we need to move to phone to get more done faster but can start that way (...) Yep, me too. (...) If putting the function into ldraw.org itself isn't fast/easy, yes. Yahoo Groups, although disliked by some, are (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact