 CAD / Development / 8490
Re: LDraw Versioning (Was Re: Backwards Compatibility)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:56:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky writes:

I'm not so keen on actual phone use (all I have is a cell phone), but using
AIM, MSN, ICQ etc... is propbably the best way.

I hear you. We may find that we need to move to phone to get more done
faster but can start that way

Piggybacking meetings onto fan events is sort of OK but there are always
some people missing, we have found. But it's better than nothing and there
certainly is no budget for special meetings.

Due to my work, it's would be easier for me if we did this during or after a
lego event.  It's easier for me to get one leave period than two.

Yep, me too.

Requiring stuff to be mailed/shared in advance (there is a natural website
already in existance to share stuff for LDraw) and that people read it seems
a must.

I would also suggest setting up a Yahoo Group or similar.  In other words
somewhere where only the committee can post but all can read.  Any outside
discussion can take place here

If putting the function into ldraw.org itself isn't fast/easy, yes. Yahoo
Groups, although disliked by some, are invaluable for this sort of thing. I
use them a lot.