 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4547
Re: BFC problem with 970s01.dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 22:50:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs writes:
I think part 970s01.dat has a BFC problem.  I'm working on my BFC parsing in
LDView, and it printed an error in this file, so I went and looked at it.
At the beginning of the file, it says:

0 BFC NOCERTIFY

Then later in the file, it says:

0 BFC INVERTNEXT

My understanding is that if you have a NOCERTIFY in a file, you shouldn't
have any other BFC commands.  They certainly won't do any good, since the
NOCERTIFY says not to use BFC.  There's also a comment made by (I think)
Chris Dee that says:

0 2002-06-10 CWD made BFC compliant

Perhaps it was supposed to say 0 BFC CERTIFY instead of 0 BFC NOCERTIFY?  If
the file is like this on purpose, is it valid?  Is it valid to have BFC
commands after a NOCERTIFY (which would presumably just be ignored)?

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)

Hi travis,
Thanks for LDView,

Each part is carefully reviewed by volunteers in Parts Tracker.
That means if a part says CERTIFY you can be pretty confident regarding its
usage of BFC-ed primitives. I think errors are still possible with non-BFCed
primitives usage. Because usage of non-BFCed primitives requires much more
attention to be validated. And reviewer attention is pretty high but
certainly not unlimited.

Of course if a part, like this one, says NOCERTIFY, then my reviewing
attention regarding BFC is naturally lowered to a nearly 0 level.

As a medecine: just report in the LDView error/warning window.
This is the best way for such errors to quickly disappear, as LDView is a
popular tool for part reviewers.

Damien