 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4548
Re: BFC problem with 970s01.dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 00:23:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Damien Guichard writes:
Hi travis,
Thanks for LDView,

You're welcome.

Each part is carefully reviewed by volunteers in Parts Tracker.
That means if a part says CERTIFY you can be pretty confident regarding its
usage of BFC-ed primitives. I think errors are still possible with non-BFCed
primitives usage. Because usage of non-BFCed primitives requires much more
attention to be validated. And reviewer attention is pretty high but
certainly not unlimited.

I understand that every effort is made to prevent errors, and also that this
will never prevent all errors.  I posted the message in order to determine
if this case is indeed an error.  I posted to this group because I'm fairly
sure it is, and if so my post can hopefully serve as notification.

Of course if a part, like this one, says NOCERTIFY, then my reviewing
attention regarding BFC is naturally lowered to a nearly 0 level.

Understandable.  Like I said, I just wanted to verify that it is actually an
error, and if so to point it out.  I don't think it's an error that can hurt
anything, since the NOCERTIFY should prevent any renderers from accidentally
enabling BFC when they hit the INVERTNEXT command.

As a medecine: just report in the LDView error/warning window.
This is the best way for such errors to quickly disappear, as LDView is a
popular tool for part reviewers.

Assuming it is indeed an error, this is exactly what I will do.

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)