 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4549
Re: BFC problem with 970s01.dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 09:01:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs writes:
I think part 970s01.dat has a BFC problem.  I'm working on my BFC parsing in
LDView, and it printed an error in this file, so I went and looked at it.
At the beginning of the file, it says:

0 BFC NOCERTIFY

Then later in the file, it says:

0 BFC INVERTNEXT

My understanding is that if you have a NOCERTIFY in a file, you shouldn't
have any other BFC commands.  They certainly won't do any good, since the
NOCERTIFY says not to use BFC.  There's also a comment made by (I think)
Chris Dee that says:

0 2002-06-10 CWD made BFC compliant

Perhaps it was supposed to say 0 BFC CERTIFY instead of 0 BFC NOCERTIFY?  If
the file is like this on purpose, is it valid?  Is it valid to have BFC
commands after a NOCERTIFY (which would presumably just be ignored)?

--Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com)

IIRC, my claim of making this BFC compliant was found to be incorrect when
reviewed in the PT. So to expedite its release, I suspect Steve did an admin
edit of the 0 BFC CERTIFY line (since we only insist on BFC compliance for
primitives) to make it "correct".

I think it is OK for other BFC commands to exist within a BFC NOCERTIFY
file, but that parsers should treat them as comments.

Thanks for the reminder that I do need to get this fixed.

Chris