 Books / 402
Re: What sort of LEGO-related printed materials do you collect?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books, lugnet.inst
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:04:26 GMT

Hello!

I collect

- Instructions for sets I own. I only consider a set complete if I have original
instructions for it. If I get by chance instructions for sets that I don't own I
keep them, though. You never know if you'll need them once...

- Idea Books. My main focus on collecting LEGO is on the minifig era so I mainly
collect Idea books from this era. I don't have any books from the 60s or prior,
but if I (by chance) got any I'd keep them. I have some Idea Books from the 70s.

- Catalogues. Those you get in the toy store as well as those that come with the
sets. This includes the one-sheet catalogues that you find in small sets. And I
keep Shop-at-Home catalogues as those are the only reference for sets that are
not widely available in every toy store but S-a-H exclusive.

- Posters. Most posters came with specific sets so they technically are part of
the complete sets. But I have also posters that belong to sets that I don't own.
I also keep posters that are promotional and independent from specific sets.

- Books that are licensed by TLG like the Ultimate LEGO Book or several comic
books like the Jim Spaceborn albums or interactive books from the Knights'
Kingdom and Rock Raiders series.

- I also keep promotional material like stickers, LEGO-printed class-schedules
and playing cards that often deal with the respectively current LEGO assortment.

I do not collect every article that's written in a newspaper about LEGO. Nor do
I collect - just for the sake of them being LEGO-related - books that are
written by AFOLs. Unless I'm interested in the topic of such a book itself of
course, like the Brick Testament. And I do not spend much extra money for the
purpose of getting printed materials. That's just a randomly obtained collection
that comes along with my collection of bricks and sets.

Bye
Jojo