 Books / 400
Re: What sort of LEGO-related printed materials do you collect?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.books, lugnet.inst
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:56:04 GMT

Eric Strand wrote:
In lugnet.books, Allan Bedford wrote:

So I was wondering what sort of printed items other people collect. How about
instructions for sets you don't own?  Are Idea books interesting to anyone
else, even as historical reference to see what the company used to promote for
building ideas? Have you found any other obscure books or printed material
that you think other people might find interesting?  How do these items add to
your enjoyment of LEGO as a hobby?

Yes, I find the idea books great, and have many of them, including the
4 technic ones, and 7777.

I also went looking this year for "The Robot Book" by 1986 by Richard
Paswon.  In the back of the book it has a variety of instructions for
Lego robots.

Personally, I collect idea books (the older the better) and anything I can find
from the 1960's and 1950's (catalogs, pamphlets, etc).  I don't collect
instructions to sets that I don't own.  Lately I've become interested in vintage
LEGO advertisements too (but all I have are scans so far)...

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=101616>

Allan, I recently came across a miniature Lego pamphelt the 60s that
predates anything listed on the various sites.  If you're interested,
then perhaps you can drop me an email.