 Boats / 439 (-40)
  Re: New Airline Promo

(...) As far as it was posted (so far)... Maersk is only giving these away to their preferred customers. But from an (as yet) unverified German Service Rep, these sets will hit Shop@Home as an exclusive. I don't think we'll get more info than that (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.promo, lugnet.boats)

  Re: New Airline Promo

(...) If anyone has any information on this set (10152) Please let it be known! (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.promo, lugnet.boats)

  Re: minifig scale cargo boat

Thanks for more detailed pictures. The bow and stern detailing is nice. This really encourages me to consider a Great Lakes type freighter. (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: minifig scale cargo boat

(...) Thanx Ed, Here are the brand new pix : (URL) can see Captain Médé FreeLUG Minifig just there : (URL) some internal details later... (20 years ago, 1-May-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: minifig scale cargo boat

(...) Very nice. There can never be enough ship builders. Please pass along compliments to Captain Mede. Looking forward to more pictures. (20 years ago, 15-Apr-04, to lugnet.boats)

  minifig scale cargo boat

A FreeLUG member (médérick) shown us his cargo boat model a few weeks ago : (URL) deep link : (URL) This guy is a sailorman (trawler-man in the channel). The boat is about 1,5 meters long. There's some (fun)ctional details such lights, rudder..more (...) (20 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Pictures Of This Set?

"Jeff Barnas" <jmbarnas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Hu4M1L.1In8@lugnet.com... (...) this set? (...) Will building instructions help? You can find building instructions at (URL) Steinnes (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.boats, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Pictures Of This Set?

Does anyone have any this set and some better or more detailes pics of this set? 5848 (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.boats, lugnet.scala, lugnet.general)

  Re: Pictures from the second Great Western LEGO Train Show at the STEAM Museum, Swindon, UK

(...) Quick self-publicising cross-post, since Huw's taken some nice pictures of my 'Orca': (URL) Railton (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.boats)

  Smuggler

Hello, I've always wanted to use that old blue hull from my 4015 set... Johnny Thunder knows that Old Bill is not just a fisherman. Bill is using his rusty boat to smuggle weapons, explosives and whisky in secret compartments under cargo hatch and (...) (21 years ago, 5-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.boats, FTX)

  4 New Lego Sets in LDraw

I've uploaded 4 Lego sets I did in LDraw to my website: (URL) sets are: Classic Space: 6825 (Cosmic Comet) 6861 (X-1 Patrol Craft) 6931 (F-X Star Patroller) Model Team: 5521 (Sea Jet) Enjoy -Orion (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.space, lugnet.boats)

  My Red Lego Boat Story (Was Re: Chili - Canine Mecha)

(...) Sorry Eric, but this (URL) pic> is just wrong. ;-P (...) OMG, I just rememberd the bomb story! Check this out, When I was a kid I played with Lego, duh, but I lived in San Francisco Caifornia. I would ride the bus to Golden Gate Park with my (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.boats, lugnet.year.1978, lugnet.year.2003, FTX)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) Keep doing what you love James. I too have done a solo gig where I had put on display a 32' long cable-stayed bridge in a window at a toy store. Yes, a lot of work!!! When I was done and standing outside admiring it, a couple walked by and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Shirley day Lego Setup

(...) That was always one of my favorite things about working at the LEGO Imagination Center. Families would look at the big displays, Mom & Dad would say something like "that's impossible", kids would look at the same displays and say "If *I* had (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  Shirley day Lego Setup

I've just got back from doing another solo gig- isn't living in a AFOL shy area great? Anyway, I had 30' by 30-120" to play with, including the debut of two new features for me, a pond (canal) system, and "Bricstol Temple Meads". The pond kind of (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats)

  HMLS Intractable

Ahoy! At last, a British vessel of note in the waters of Port Brique!! Sailing into Port Brique harbour late one April morning in 1803, the sloop-of-war Intractable under the command of Commander Reginald Stalwart-Hope was a fine sight. Locals (...) (21 years ago, 26-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats) !

  Misérable

It is finished! After many late nights I have put the final external touches on my 28 Gun Frigate, Misérable. Misérable is a worthy successor to my Light Frigate, Eponine II, but has moved the shipbuilding efforts of Port Brique to a higher level. (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.boats, lugnet.loc.au) !!

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

Hi Nick, (...) Seems an improvement to me. The added color makes the shape come out more, making your ship more beautiful than it already was. A nice touch with the symbol embedded in the deck. Cheers, Twan. (21 years ago, 12-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

<snip> (...) naa.. if the picture starts out at 240 pixels, then that's really gonna be the best size you can get. you definately won't be able to go up to 400. i know what its like dealing with a subpar camera.. for a while i had to take pictures (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

(...) big but i guess through photoshop i could enlarge them but i don't want to lower the quality any lower. Anyway, I took the pictures late at night and was anxious to go to bed. The lifeboat was Nathan Wells's design. Some good pics of different (...) (21 years ago, 11-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

my only complaint: I WANT BIGGER PICTURES!! your pics are only 240 pixels high.. make that at LEAST 400 pixels!! Especially if it is a creation this cool! It looks great but I can't see the details that I know you've put there! also the lighting is (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" v1.5

(...) That's great! There's a bit more light in the pics too - it makes it much easier to make out the SNOT curved hull (which is very well done!) Cheers Richie (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

Hi Nick, "Nick Oranzi" <cheez11111@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HCxup0.1EI2@lugnet.com... (...) looks a (...) Changing it to black will not enhance your design I think. I find that using a lot of black bricks does not make the shape of a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  "Mieling" v1.5

After reading your replies, i went back and did a few modifications to the hull to add more color and flavor. (URL) to the old one: (URL) call it v1.5 because i still plan to do a revision replacing the blue with brown or red after i order the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) and this one is a beauty! The sweeping of the bow is amazing, the whole shape is nice and smooth and very "un-LEGOish". My only criticism is the overwhelming amount of black, as Don and Nathan have pointed out. (...) Blue looks okay, but I (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) I like it. I always like medieval ship models though you rarely see them posted. Good work. Perhaps add some colour contrast... God Bless, Nathan (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) I do agree that i used too much black. the project began initially to see if i could make a good hull out of bricks. I just started adding to it with my black bin beside me. before i knew it, it was all black. the few tan details were added in (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) Not black! Please not black - as Hugh points out, there's too much black as it is. The combination of small pics and black has me straining my eyes (and the contrast control on my monitor) to try and make out the detail. Having said that, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

(...) The blue looks ok, there is too much black anyway, drowns out the detail. The overall look of the ship is great. I really like it. Great idea, good construction. Close to a 'junk' style vesel. Keep up the good work, Hugh (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship

The jahmong ambassador is on his way to Sirob on the "Mieling". The black, single sailed ship cuts through the waves speeding to its destination. This is my first large scale, all brick ship hull (URL) am thinking about changing the canopy to black (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Thanks. I know, But I'm the kind of person who has to have it <JUST RIGHT>. I drive my family crazy when I do that! ;-) Nathan Lord of the LEGO (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Thanks! After checking Peeron and Bricklink, I was happy to find most of the pieces in my boat were available in tan! Maybe I'll build a fishing village someday. Nathan Lord of the LEGO (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Thanks! Once I grab a few of the Orient Expedition Junks available this summer, I'll rebuild some fishing boats and have a whole fleet! Nathan Lord of the LEGO (21 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

(...) Enjoyed! :-) Really nice. And don't worry about the colours. It is LEGO after all. Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

Quite clever! I like it and the colors aren't bad, but to get it just right it would need to be tan. But it looks like a reed boat. Really neat! Build On, Josh (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

That turned out pretty cool. Creative use of parts. And the colors don't look too bad as it is. I like it. -Andrew (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient)

  Proto MOC: Chinese Fishing Boat

Hi Everybody, This is just a small MOC I made after seeing several Chinese and Egyptian fishing boats made out of bamboo and reeds. The colors aren't perfect, but it gets the point across. (URL) of the LEGO (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.boats, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: MOC: WWII Japanese Heavy Cruiser "Takao"

Wow! A very impressive model with a lot of amazing details. Unfortunately a lot of the pictures in the "exposition" section appear to be broken or at least halfway-broken, although the thumbnails look ok. For example 3-takao-todd-02.jpg (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Stefan Garcia wrote in message ... (...) detail (...) There are ferries in Texas? :-) I tried using the one-piece Lego rafts to begin with, but they just took up too much space on the rather abbreviated upper decks, so I ended up building my own. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

  Re: Car Ferry model leaves the dock

Adam Murtha wrote in message ... (...) Coast (...) Thanks Adam, nice to hear from someone who knows the originals! (...) Yes, many :-)... see market.b-s-t Kevin ---...--- Custom building kits: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (URL) Lego parts store: (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.boats)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact