 Boats / 425
424  |  426
Subject:
Shirley day Lego Setup
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.boats
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 03:26:58 GMT

I've just got back from doing another solo gig- isn't living in a AFOL shy area
great?

Anyway, I had 30' by 30-120" to play with, including the debut of two new
features for me, a pond (canal) system, and "Bricstol Temple Meads".  The pond
kind of works- it's going to take another series of experiments to come up with
a reasonably effective way to leakstop it though...vasoline & Hot Melt Glue
don't work all that well (or at least, I had leaks).  It does, however, allow
the addition of lego boats to a train layout, and for this reason alone is well
worth the effort.

I'm not sure of photos- I didn't take any, and the person who I know has a
digital camera wasn't there until after I was starting to dismantle.

Seeing John G's comments about "fun", it does come down to the people who are
going to be there- this was a LOT of work for an individual collection, but it
was a lot of fun to see the look on a few of the local kids when they realized
that the boats were floating, and moving in real water, and that yes, if they
had as many bricks as I did, they too could build it.

James