 Boats / 417
Re: "Mieling" the Ambassedor's ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.boats, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 00:39:45 GMT

Hi Nick,

"Nick Oranzi" <cheez11111@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I am thinking about changing the canopy to black or brown.  the blue • looks a
bit out of place.  What do you think?

Changing it to black will not enhance your design I think.
I find that using a lot of black bricks does not make the shape
of a creation come out very well. Probably because you can
hardly see any shadows. (Black shadow on black bricks is
not very visible.) I highly appreciate the hull design on your
ship, it gives it a sleek, fast appearance. However the black
coloring makes it hard for me to see its shape. Probably
replacing a layer of bricks in the hull, or the plates in the bow,
for another color (e.g. brown, tan, dark grey) will enhance
its shape.

Changing the canopy to brown may turn out an improvement,
you can try and see for yourself. But the blue as it is now
doesn't seem out of place to me. A nice canopy, both in
color and shape.

Overall an attractive design and nice work. You can be
proud of yourself.

Cheers, Twan.