 Belville / 222
Re: Some new belville-themed town buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 05:41:26 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Brad Hamilton writes:

I was originally very antagonistic towards the new colors.  However, I found
out that they all mix nicely with plain old white bricks.  Green also seems
to mix well with just about all the new colors.

I hadn't considered it for my planned white castle but I will now.

Interestingly enough, when I was at LEGOLand in Carlsbad a few months ago, I
noticed that they used these new colors a LOT in their buildings.
Obviously, the had special runs made to generate those quantities.

That would be right .

(there is a football team in Australia with yellow and brown
vertical stripes on their tops).

Are you talking about Austrailian football?  When i was last in Melbourne, I
saw my first (and only) game of Australian Football.  Actually, I'm not much
of a sports fan, but I found Australian football to be MUCH more interesting
than the American variety.  Of course, the beer and meat pies added to the
experience.
Correct. Australian Rules football and the team is Hawthorn (a suburb of
Melbourne where the game is based,though played nationally). Meat pies are to
football here what hot dogs are to baseball in the US.

I hope to see some more Belville-style buildings in the future, you will have
to wait for mine until my web-page is happening/STUDS 02/04 is over.

-pete.w.