 Belville / 221
Re: Some new belville-themed town buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:39:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Yep, the cream/pale yellow is a good colour, but as with the mint green, • the
powder blue ,mauve and purple colours there needs to be a greater piece • range,
maybe they need to produce a basic-style bucket with pastel colours (I • know
Ritvik have).

I was originally very antagonistic towards the new colors.  However, I found
out that they all mix nicely with plain old white bricks.  Green also seems
to mix well with just about all the new colors.

Interestingly enough, when I was at LEGOLand in Carlsbad a few months ago, I
noticed that they used these new colors a LOT in their buildings.
Obviously, the had special runs made to generate those quantities.

Compliments on your highlighted buildings,I like the use of green with • the
white on the fashion tower and grocery store. I like the fun house combo • of
yellow and brown

Thanks - You might recognize the fun-house design from an old (rare) LEGO
town set called "town square" (you can look it up from LUGNET).  That
building was in black and white though.  I re-used the general design, but
used yellow and brown instead (mainly because I didn't have black-framed
windows!).  I also added another story so it wouldn't be dwarfed compared to
the other buildings in the city.

(there is a football team in Australia with yellow and brown
vertical stripes on their tops).

Are you talking about Austrailian football?  When i was last in Melbourne, I
saw my first (and only) game of Australian Football.  Actually, I'm not much
of a sports fan, but I found Australian football to be MUCH more interesting
than the American variety.  Of course, the beer and meat pies added to the
experience.