 Belville / 214
Re: Some new belville-themed town buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:40:45 GMT

Thanks Shiri,

I've thought about trying to tie them (the big pink pointed pieces) into a
castle somehow, but this would be even more challenging than a town
building.

Interestingly enough, I found a famouse rococo-styled building whose facade
matches the front of the Cutie store (in shape - not color).  You can see it
here http://sterling.holycross.edu/departments/visarts/vraguin/vh2.htm.  I
don't think I saw a picture of it until after I finished the Cutie store,
but the buildings are definitely similar!  It is possible that I was
flipping through one of my architecture books (which includes a pic) and saw
it a long time ago and forgot.

Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi Brad!

I've commented about these once, but only briefly and in private, so I'll • do
it again.

I think your use of BV pieces in deco are ingenious, and that they fit in • well
with the town even though they are not m-f scale; because you make it • clear
they are decorations, they do not look at all misplaced as a rabbit might • look
like in any other m-f scene...

Personally I haven't really given much thought to fitting in the "weird" • BV
pieces in with my MOCs... but I think I'll try something soon. I • definitely
like the 'trellis' pieces and have been thinking about having a trellis
balcony.

In lugnet.belville, Brad Hamilton writes:
Has anyone else put those big, clear-pink Belville tower tops to use? • I'd
like to see them!

Nope! I thought they were pretty tasteless and ugly. But you use them so • well!
I'll have to try them now... :-)

-Shiri