 Belville / 215
Re: Some new belville-themed town buildings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:49:49 GMT

Thanks!

Yes, before, it was a dinky 2-story structure.  There is an interesting
story about the start of the cutie store.

I didn't used to like Belville, but my fiancee (NLF unfortunately) insisted
on getting some because she thought it would make a cute decoration for our
upcoming wedding.

I agreed figuring I could sneakily make SOME use out of those extra strange
belville parts.

I used the baseplate in my fire station
http://members.home.net/hmltn1/city2/fire.htm ), but the original Cutie
store got most of the other, extra parts.  That's when I fell in love with
Belville parts.  Unfortunately, the original top of the cutie store used old
castle pieces and it looked pudgy and unrealistic.

Luckily, set 5824 was only $9 and comes with a spire, arches and a bunch of
other cool pieces.  I got two of them.

I was able to comine these parts with some other stuff I had laying around
to create the soaring facade of the Cutie store today.

I just looked in the LUGNET section on the Belville sets and I noticed that
they have some blue-clear spires.  HMMM - I think those would be cool if I
could figure out where to integrate them!

Have you posted any Belville creations?

I'd like to see them, if so.

Brad