 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 754
  MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

Hi all Happy new Lego year to you. I have opened 2003 with some new models of German WWII vehicles. The half-track SdKfz 251 and the armoured car SdKfz 222. I have been experimenting a little with different colours. Nowadays most parts are available (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.loc.se) !!

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

Every time I see military models and minifigs, I can't help but think to myself, "these sure are the happiest little soldiers I have ever seen." Great work and the detail is wonderful. Steven ===== Steven B. Combs (URL) Member #414 ___...___ Do you (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) to sit down and try minifig scale for a change. But knowing myself I would probably go for some large construction never the less... I see you got the SNOT technique down. Normaly I don't even lurk in .military so I can't say anything about (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) <snip> Mattias, I have heard people at my local Wal-Mart comment that 'they couldn't build military vehicles from LEGO®, so they bought megabloks instead'. I disagreed with them, knowing that MOC's such as yours, Dan Siskind's, etc. absolutely (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

Beautiful! Great SNOT work on the half track. The camoflaged version is especially cool. My favorite build detail is the use of the bottom half of a 1x2 hinge on the armored car. I'd never thought to use that element. Bruce (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

I for one support LEGO's policy of not producing modern military themes sets. In fact it kind of makes me uncomfortable seeing WW2 tanks and the like built from Lego. There are not many havens for children from war and conflict in the world of toys, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Make that WW1 planes. I must be losing it... (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Because those AFOLs don't want to. In .space, people imagine militaristic futures and build warships; the violence of Star Wars (destruction of Alderaan, anyone?) and WWI (WWI is "a long way away from the horrors of modern warfare?" I never (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Bulls***. Read up on the First World War and come back with an informed opinion. That war saw levels of brutality and raw horror currently unmatched in any modern conflict. And both LEGO planes mount machine guns. (...) Why should we "follow (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Harvey Thanks for you kind words about my models. I am glad you like them. The scale (6-stud width) make them suitable for flatcar loads as you suggest. I understand that this type of models will not be included in the Official Lego assortment (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

The intention of my original email was to answer Henry Henkleman's comments that TLC should produce military based sets. He seemed to miss the point that many parents do not like buying war related toys for their young children. I think Star Wars (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) As far as the concentration camp models- I personally approve. They were NOT meant to be toys- they were meant as a serious statement (at least as far as I could tell). They were using something so innocent because of the effect that it has- (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Yes, but first of all that was a public post (not a private email), and second you made a value judgement about adults who *are* interested in the military and show this with LEGO in your words. Just as you did in this post. I responded to it (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Hey, James, I've been wondering...

(...) What does that rank mean, in the overall hierarchy of a ship or a naval station? (I presume it means something other than "you have to stand on the prow for the entire voyage, or the fantail if we're going backwards". :) ) best LFB XFUT - (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hey, James, I've been wondering...

(...) Well...not quite, but close. I'm the 3rd lowest rank in the CF (OS-AB-LS-MS-P2-P1-C2-C1) for NCM. But, it doesn't mean all that much, since we have a lot of LS/Cpl rank people who are long service (12-25 years). (I have just shy of 7 years in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Hey, James, I've been wondering...

(...) Nope that's not what it means. The "lead seaman" is the first guy out of the tube and leads the charge for that one almighty goal. Watch the opening scene of Look Who's Talking to see what I mean. Bruce Willis is the Lead Seaman. :) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

"CRAIG STEVENS" <SWFALCON30@YAHOO.COM> wrote in message news:H8MD7y.3Iq@lugnet.com... (...) If I remeber corectly there was one of these done by an artist not an AFOL, and it was funded by the LEGO company. there was quite a discussion about this (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Hi To all of you with opinions about of military models I have uploaded two new pictures. One specially for Craig and one specially for Harvey :) (URL) Lego models is just a game don't forget that. Mattias (21 years ago, 13-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) I love that 'in action' shot! Pretty neat background... Yes, we must remember that LEGO® is essentially a toy, although fast becoming an adult toy IMHO. Again, I was at Wal-World today and informed a father and his son in the LEGO® aisle that (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) I did indeed expect to be challenged and in your response, you have given me very good run for my money. For that I salute you. For the record, I don't deride people who create military MOCs (That's a bit strong) it's that I don't understand (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Ahh... You crack me up, thanks for the laughter! /Tobbe (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

Hi Harvey, You are the person I was trying to have a discussion with, before I got tangled up in all that morality of war toys stuff. (...) Okay, no problem. I'm not going to risk winding you over your name and type it in wrong again. As for me, I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Of course you'll get a good run for your money from me when talking about historical imagery and selective vision; I'm a professional historian, after all. ;) But why sticking the minifigs in tanks--that's an interesting philosophical (...) (21 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)

  Re: MOC: German WWII halftrack and armoured car

(...) Not to add fuel to this fire, but the are more than a few suicide-bomber and bombed-out-building photos on Brickshelf, and by coincidence I think all of them are in the context of BrikWars games. Specifically, NELUG's games, so we know that (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.military)