 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3459
  The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

A new section of (URL) The Brick Testament> website has been added today, illustrating the (URL) The Teachings of Jesus>. We start with the following nine teachings: (2 URLs) Love> (2 URLs) Forgiveness> (2 URLs) Giving> (2 URLs) Lust> (2 URLs) (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

Hey Brendan, Awesomeness! Love - I really like the Oval Office, with the flag, the first family, that kalashnikov, etc. Was that curtain design inspired by Shawn Sullivan? And then LOL - you don't get a lot of Hitler MOCs. On the Klan, I think it (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Excellent (URL)! Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

Great! I miss some things from the old "The Teachings of Jesus" story, though, but I guess they will reappear soon in a new form. For instance, I think I remember that there was a depiction of the passage "If a man asks for your coat, then give it (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) I couldn't find reference to Bush using those words, but he has reportedly used (URL) "..hunt down and punish them.."> and (URL) them down..and bring them to justice..">. The only reference I can find to "destroying them" was by Brigadier (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Thanks! (...) I'm somewhat satisfied with how the Oval Office turned out. It's recognizeable, which is the main thing. The real one has white-paned windows, not red, but as someone once said, "You go to build with the army of bricks you have, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Thanks. :) I was a little worried because I couldn't find any LEGO torsos that had suspenders and a neck tie. The one I used has suspenders with a bow tie, so I had to used just the right angle to have the coffee mug cover where the tie would (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Thanks, Martin. (...) Yes, there are a few things left from the (URL) old version> that will be made anew. (...) Hmmm... you're right. This may have been an oversight on my part. I'll look into it and see if it will fit into any of the coming (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

Just one small suggestion: Change the word balloon text in (URL) frame> to read, "Yeeeaaah...If you could go ahead and come in on the sabbath, that would be greeeaaat." To echo the compliments of others, I love all of the political scenes. David (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) I fear that some of these scenes, such as the depictions of Bush in "forgiveness" are too contemporaneous and won't stand the test of time (as no doubt the Office Space scene will). Also, was Bush's utterance of "comdemn" intentional? If so, (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) A valid point, and one I considered before going ahead with these scenes. It's quite possible that in several years time, George W. Bush and Osama bin Laden will not seem like the best examples of "enemies", sharing the same timeless (...) (18 years ago, 14-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

Reverend, your work is outstanding as usual. (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

In lugnet.build.ancient, Brendan Powell Smith wrote: On-Topic... Wow, that sure was a way to spend a Sat. morning... By far my favourite "strips" were the self mutilation, and the forgiveness... nothing like a bit of ironic humour to start the day. (...) (18 years ago, 15-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

Hey, Continuing on: Wealth - I like that shelf solution using clips. How is the screen attached on the computer? It looks like it's attached to a steering wheel piece. In the yard sale the block of books on the right looks a little odd, espeically (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Brendan, As always, fantastic job. My favorite bit was the rubber band and hat as the turban--I had just used some Lego rubber bands in a vig of my own and I think it worked so well I'll be going back to that technique again. Anyway, I'd also (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Good call. I hadn't realized that you can pull the steering wheel off of its base. But be careful if you try this. One out of the three wheels I pulled off broke a piece of the base off with it. The computer screen tile is then just (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Well, first off, I am glad I got you to build anything, because your results are usually awesome when you get around it. But I'm surprised that, given that the point was to show off a thinner car that fits two minifigs astride, none of your 8 (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Of course you can trust me--I'm from the government. What? OK then, here's a picture as proof. (URL) (...) Oh, but it's a topic that I find endlessly fascinating. It all boils down to two things: The fact that the dimensions on a minifig are (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

--SNIP-- (...) Here is where you get into the fat minifigs vs short minifigs debate. I like to assume my figs are about six foot tall and built like John Candy. As such 5 studs = 6'. Of course I build most of my cars four-wide but I freely admit (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) That's kind of a startling image, to think that all my LEGO characters, from Adam & Eve to Jesus to GW Bush have all had John Candy proportions, but in some ways it seems right too. Actually, the strange thing about the minifig's girth is that (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jul-06, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

(...) Tim, even at 6' that proportional waist size would make John Candy look like an Olsen twin. But you're right, there's no reason to even pretend you can truly build in minifig 'scale.' (As to the comment you made about two 200 pound people (...) (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - The Teachings of Jesus

--SNIP== (...) Not quite true. You could fit two minifigs in a car very slightly smaller than six wide (big maybe 5.5 wide, more easy 5.8 wide) but for all practical purposes six wide is the smallest. Tim (18 years ago, 20-Jul-06, to lugnet.build, FTX)