 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1089
1088  |  1090
Subject:
Some new rolling stock in 7-wide.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 23:30:07 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi Folks,

after a longer creative break I have heaviely come back into the middle of the
train theme now. Some new models - all of them are not too huge, but
nevertheless  they are quite detailed - have now been uploaded at brickshelf
and will be hopefully through the moderation quite soon.

1)
This is a steam engine after the German "Baureihe 24" (BR24). That engine has
basically been developed to drive smaller commuter (and fright) trains.
Therefor it can run 100 km/h in both directions.

Some building highlights are the upside down minifig seats as part of the
boiler, the "hidden" wheels of the tender (mid-axle can slide sidewards with the
frame) and the sloped walls of the drivers cab. Lots of further details have
just been copied from the - now one and a half year old - BR50 engine.

2)
This hopper was a project, which ran over several months, but never found a
satisfieing solution for the frame of the waggons undercarriage. Second thing
to cause trouble has been the kind of 3 edges in longitudinal direction in the
body of the car. I tried to catch that effect with hinges as far as possible.
Now the waggon has partly slightly sloped side walls. But in result there are
some disturbing gaps at the face sides.

3)
Nearly the same as 2), but in a rarer colour brown and in a less complicated
building style. But on the other hand without the ugly gaps, so I am really
pleased with this one as well.

4)
Not completely finished has been this tri-axle prussian passenger car. As long
time readers will know, this one is heaviely influenced by the great designs of
Cal Luetjens and Steven Barile
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=18928

Please enjoy the galleries.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Leg Godt!

Ben

P.s.: I just bought a new camera last weekend. From now on my old Olympus
Camedia 820L will be replaced by a Canon IXUS v3. I know that camera is quite
ok, but I fear it will take some more time, before I am able to reach the
standard of quality I want to have. Some of the above pictures are not as
perfect as they should be.....