 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1090
New MOC: 6,000 piece Empire State Building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2003 16:18:29 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

All:

I have just completed a 4.5 foot tall model of The Empire State Building:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/794

This new model remains very faithful to the design of the real Empire
State Building.  I had to "fudge" things, obviously...  For example, the
scale would make a single window smaller than a single LEGO brick; I
compromized and finagled things to look semi-decent.  I  also didn't
want to simply reproduce The LEGO Company's 20-foot tall model,
which is very accurate, but very huge.   For the most part, the building
is microscale... it works well with traditional microfig people (1x1)
and my micro cars.

I was surprised that it only took about 5 days to build; most of that was
playing around with various versions of the top (red, white, blue) section.
The main body of the building went together in about 5-8 hours of
straight building, courtesy of about 50 bulk packs of grey pieces from
lego.com. :)

Hope you like it.

Sean

- - -