 Announcements / 4146 (-100)
  The LEGO Minifigure Catalog

"This catalog presents high quality photographs of all LEGO® Minifigures released between 1970s and 2010. The 3600 plus Minifigures® are organized by an innovative nomenclature that makes it easy to identify Minifigures®. Several indexes make it (...) (13 years ago, 23-Jun-11, to lugnet.inv, lugnet.announce) !

  New buildinginstruction on the LPub Manual Site

Howdy folks! Check out my new buildinginstructions on the LPub Manual Site! https://sites.google...ons/cowboy I Love Building too... digitally... :-) Cheers! Jaco (13 years ago, 19-May-11, to lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org File Encoding Standard Ratified

Hello, The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has unanimously ratified changes to the text encoding requirements of the LDraw.org File Format. The Text Encoding section now reads as follows: (...) The LDraw 1.0.0 specification has been updated (...) (13 years ago, 30-Apr-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Bricksmith 2.5: More performance improvements

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 2.5> adds the following features: Multi-threaded file parser (10.6 64-bit only) Inlined primitives drawn with faster optimized structures Direct primitive vertex interaction Cursor-centric zooming Supports 3DConnexion mice for (...) (13 years ago, 30-Apr-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Brickfête - Events List

Well, As my fried Vince from Slap Chop fame says, Martini, Bikini, No Wienie's. ummm, no sorry I think I should have said, Fête!!!! (1)(2) The Brickfête team has not stopped plugging away since the first announcement a month ago. In that time the (...) (13 years ago, 16-Apr-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Hispabrick Magazine 010

Hispabrick Magazine 010 is ready for download from our website (URL) In this new edition you will be able to enjoy our regular features, reviews, MINDSTORMS, LDraw, building trees... Articles on LEGO Sports, Sphere building... Interviews with Mads (...) (13 years ago, 6-Apr-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish) !

  NO LUG

NO LUG Clearly we need a better name A number of AFOL’s in the area (Arthur, Ken, Troy, Adrian,Todd etc.) are interested in forming a new Lego Users Group for the Northern Ohio region (Cleveland, Akron, Canton, Youngstown, etc.). The first meeting (...) (13 years ago, 26-Mar-11, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Brickfête - Canadian Lego Fan Event

(URL) The baseplates are laid, the studs have been covered and the last brick has been snapped into place. Only one piece is missing (in this moc): you! obb is proud to present the inaugural Canadian LEGO fan event. Join us for Brickfête July (...) (13 years ago, 10-Mar-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, FTX) !!

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.7.1

This is just a little bugfix version. Download as usual from (URL) (13 years ago, 27-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI Update (1.6.1.0)

I just released a new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (now version 1.20). Added support for rectifier (now version 1.5). Added support for windz You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate (...) (13 years ago, 23-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Win $1000 and a LEGOLand Annual Pass in the BrickMagic Challenge!

The BrickMagic LEGO Festival (May 5-8, 2011 in Raleigh, NC) is proud to announce the first-ever BrickMagic Challenge! All BrickMagic exhibitors will have their LEGO creations automatically entered, and the best overall creation will receive $1000 (...) (13 years ago, 17-Feb-11, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, FTX)

  Updated My Website with New Models

Hey all, After teaching LEGO building to kids for 13 years I found I have a LOT of models I've made over the years. I updated my website with all the models, including instructions for models that I've never released before, such as the life-size (...) (13 years ago, 14-Feb-11, to lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI Update (1.6.0.1)

I just released a new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (now version 1.19). Had to fix some bugs related to usage with drag'n drop and commandline. You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate (...) (13 years ago, 9-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  LDConfig Manager Update (1.0.3.0)

I just released another update on LDConfig Manager. Now I feel that the LDConfig Manager is nearly finished and can be used to generate exact the same LDconfig as it has been done by hand so far. LDConfig.ldr will be saved with 'UTF-8 without BOM' (...) (13 years ago, 4-Feb-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDConfig Manager Update (1.0.2.0)

I just released an update on LDConfig Manager. Now ldconfig.ldr will be saved with 'UTF-8 without BOM' encoding. You can download as always at (URL) (13 years ago, 30-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Primitive Generator 2 Update (1.0.4.0)

I just released another update on Primitive Generator 2. Now you can create rings and cones with another width than 1. This is only useful if you need to cover surfaces that can not be created with official primitives. The files generated with a (...) (13 years ago, 30-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Primitive Generator 2 Update (1.0.3.0)

I just released an update on Primitive Generator 2. Now it writes only UTF-8 without BOM encoded files. There were problems in creating tori with double lines. This should now be fixed. Also the title for the cone and ring had not the correct (...) (13 years ago, 30-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.7.0

Hi guys, it has been time to update DATHeader again. Reasons: 1) !CATEGORY and !KEYWORDS are now also allowed in subparts. 2) Question for special characters has to be solved. For item no. 2 please see (URL) for example. Download from (URL) comments (...) (13 years ago, 30-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  MLCad.ini 2010-03 Update Now Available

Hi, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2010-03. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: (URL) w. (13 years ago, 27-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.announce)

  LETGUI Update (1.6.0.0)

I just released the new version of LETGUI. Added support for stl2dat (current version). Added support for new tool Unificator. You can download like usually from (URL) you run into any trouble, please do not hesitate to contact me. cu mikeheide (13 years ago, 24-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  New LDraw tool for parts authors: Unificator

(2 URLs) Unificator> merges together nearby vertices in LDraw files, and snaps triangle/quads onto primitives/subfiles.. Program, source files, examples and documentation are available (URL) here>. Enjoy! (URL) Philo> (13 years ago, 24-Jan-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Call for Presentations: Bricks by the Bay 2011, SF Bay Area, CA USA

Bricks by the Bay 2011 For Immediate Release January 12, 2011 Contact: Paul Sinasohn Program Chair singlow @ gmail .com Bricks by the Bay Call For Presentations Bricks By The Bay 2011 is looking for any talks, roundtables, and special activities you (...) (13 years ago, 13-Jan-11, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Motors comparison page updated

My (URL) motors comparison page> now includes tests of the E-motor from (URL) Energy Add-On Set (9688)>. (URL) Enjoy! (URL) Philo> (13 years ago, 12-Jan-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  Brick Fiesta

(2 URLs) Brick Fiesta!> Mark your calendars and get ready to attend the most unique LEGO fan event in the central United States (south of Chicago!). The first Brick Fiesta is being held in Austin, Texas from June 30th to July 3rd, 2011. Since 2003 (...) (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Brickworld 2011 - Registration Open

Hello everyone, We are happy to announce that Brickworld registration is now open. We have been hard at work performing a complete overhaul on the registration process. In response to your feedback in the survey after last year's event, we have done (...) (13 years ago, 7-Jan-11, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.6.3

Hi guys, just a small bugfix for the following error: If a subpart has been saved with another name then the autocorrect method did not work correct (no separator between 's' and the filename). Download from (URL) comments are welcome. cu mikeheide (13 years ago, 2-Jan-11, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Unofficial MLCad .ini

LDraw author J.C. Tchang has updated his unofficial MLCad.ini, including unofficial parts as of 2010-12-31. It is available here: (URL) (13 years ago, 1-Jan-11, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  LDraw.org 2010-03 Parts Update Now Available

The 2010-03 LDraw parts update has been now been released. This update includes 794 files in the core library, including 456 new parts, and many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A further 3 parts have been (...) (13 years ago, 31-Dec-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !

  MOC: Viking Village

(URL) Here's a viking village I made recently for Hartford KidsFest 2010. The inspiration actually came from doing a mock-up thatched roof design following a trip to Plimoth Plantation. The scale is a little wonky-- the houses are pretty small (...) (14 years ago, 13-Dec-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Technic Figure LDraw model

(URL) This (URL) post> pushed me to complete the hard work of Donal Sutter and Orion Pobursky and model the missing parts of Technic Figure. Posing the figure may be quite tricky, but thanks to the advanced rotations features of LeoCAD, it's (...) (14 years ago, 3-Dec-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Hispabrick Magazine 009

It is our pleasure to announce the release of (URL) Hispabrick Magazine 009>. In this issue you you will find a wide variety of articles and interviews. Among other items, there is an interview with LDD Development Manager Claus Matthiesen by (...) (14 years ago, 30-Nov-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  3D laser scanning

(URL) A simple addition: Focusable line laser + NXT sweeping mechanism + webcam + DAVID Laser scanner software + Sculptris + Meshlab + Stl2Dat + a lot of time = LDraw parts ! (URL) A few more details> on the process I use to create organic shaped (...) (14 years ago, 17-Nov-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !!

  North America LEGO Coordinator

On behalf of the LEGO Community Team: (...) Ben Ellermann LEGO Ambassador (14 years ago, 10-Nov-10, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  AFOLCON - New UK event

Hi, We're proud to announce the start of a new UK event, AFOLCON, to be held in Manchester, UK from April 28th to May 2nd 2011 in the Museum of Science and Industry! Here's a full press release: (URL) You get two private days including talks, (...) (14 years ago, 5-Nov-10, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  The passing of Dan Jezek, BrickLink Founder

(URL) regret to announce the sudden and unexpected passing of Dan Jezek, owner and founder of BrickLink.com. Dan will be greatly missed by all of his family and many friends at Bricklink and around the world. A memorial fund is being set up and will (...) (14 years ago, 27-Oct-10, to lugnet.announce) !!

  RAILBRICKS Issue 7 is Out!

A new issue RAILBRICKS is here! Inside you'll find articles for beginners, lessons on how to photograph your trains, more RCX/PF train experimentation, new ideas for smooth curves, instructions, and more! To download the new issue, go to: (URL) Big (...) (14 years ago, 13-Oct-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.railbricks, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.6.2

Hi guys, just a small update. I hope you like the small changes. Download from (URL) comments are welcome. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 10-Oct-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  BrickCon LSculpt presentation

I have uploaded the slides I presented at BrickCon 2010. The slides go through a complex example which includes two different ways of creating 3D models, combining them together, and building the sculpture. (URL) resolution PDF and Powerpoint are (...) (14 years ago, 9-Oct-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon)

  BrickFest 2011

(URL) Hi All, We are happy to announce that BrickFest(TM) and BricKids(TM) will be held on March 24-27, 2011 at the Oregon Convention Center - Portland, OR. The hotel is same last time, the Red Lion at the Convention Center. Steve & Christina (14 years ago, 5-Oct-10, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Announcing LSculpt 0.5.0

(URL) At Bricks by the Bay 2010 in Fremont, CA, I gave a (URL) presentation> on LSculpt, a program I wrote a few years ago to convert 3D models into Lego surfaces. After the presentation, (URL) Remi Gagne> offered to help me create a graphical (...) (14 years ago, 29-Sep-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !

  Edger2 update

(URL) Primitives such as partial cylinders or spheres have conditional lines on edge. For cylinders, these integrated conditional lines are expected to match a tangent plane, for spheres they match a joining cylinder. If you try to join something (...) (14 years ago, 24-Sep-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Robot Competition at BrickCon 2010

This year's robot competition at BrickCon will be a racing competition. Build and program a robot able to race around an irregularly shaped gradient track while avoiding obstacles on the track. The track is approximately two feet wide, with black in (...) (14 years ago, 16-Sep-10, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  L(EGO)Draw parts - 4th batch

Hi folks, the LEGO Universe Team has shared another batch of part shapes with the community, with the purpose to make them fit for the LDraw Parts Tracker. As usual I have uploaded them to my webspace (the upload module at LDraw.org would have me (...) (14 years ago, 10-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Call for Flight-Related MOCs

On October 10, 2010, Bricks for Brains will be presenting an exhibit at the grand opening of the Yankee Air Museum's new facility at Willow Run Airport in Ypsilanti, MI. In addition to a hands-on pile of LEGO for museum visitors to play with, we (...) (14 years ago, 8-Sep-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town)

  How to identify the collectable minifigures

Posted earlier in the General group, I think it is nice to mention here too that I have written a little HTML page with some JavaScript to identify the collectable minifigs using my old PDA and barcode scanner. You can read about and download it at: (...) (14 years ago, 8-Sep-10, to lugnet.announce)

  Last Call for Presentations at BrickCon 2010

There is a still a little time left to give a talk, moderate a roundtable, or run an activity at BrickCon 2010. Registered attendees can contact Thomas Garrison by Saturday, September 11, with a title and abstract to make it on the schedule before (...) (14 years ago, 7-Sep-10, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  New MLCad basic tutorial

Hi, I can't think of a place more inappropriate for this announcement considering the high talented people visiting these groups. Anyway, here: (URL) find a new basic tutorial for MLCad. It has been fought as substitute for the outdated tutorial by (...) (14 years ago, 4-Sep-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.announce) !

  Train motors comparison

(URL) The 9V, RC and Power Functions train motors compete around a track under close scrutiny of an on-board NXT... Complete test results (URL) here>. Enjoy! Philo (14 years ago, 31-Aug-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  LEGOLAND California Ambassador Class 2010 BI

LEGOLAND California's Ambassador Pass Master Model Builder classes start today for the 2010 season. While I'm not a passholder, I have seen examples of past work, and I have to say that I think Gary has "outdone the brand" this year. This year's (...) (14 years ago, 20-Aug-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Hispabrick Magazine 008 Released

It's that time again:we are happy to announce the release of Hispabrick Magazine 008 In this issue you will find some articles and interviews about MINDSTORMS, an article reviewing the history of the Space line, the review of the new [b]10213 - (...) (14 years ago, 28-Jul-10, to lugnet.announce) !

  GPQ - Generation: Puppy Quad

(URL) Generation: Puppy Quad A cyber mech fusion between Pilot and Animal Robot. (URL) Complete with Energy Core and Transformation Mode. (2 URLs) MOCpages.com> (URL) Brickshelf.com> Enjoy! Eric Sophie LUGNET Member #1051 (14 years ago, 23-Jul-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: LDraw.org 2010-02 Parts Update **IMPORTANT REVISION**

(...) The version of mklist.exe packaged with the early versions of this download was not able to cope with long filenames, and running it would not have updated your parts list. With a fast response from Don Heyse (the author of mklist) the (...) (14 years ago, 9-Jul-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

  MLCad.ini 2010-02 Update Now Available

Hi, I just updated the MLCad.ini file accordingly to the latest LDraw.org parts update 2010-02. The .ini file defines (among other things) the parts available in MLCad's minifigure generator. Download the file from my website: (URL) w. (14 years ago, 5-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org 2010-02 Parts Update Now Available

The 2010-02 LDraw parts update has been now been released. This update includes 950 files in the core library, including 471 new parts, and many more files updated with improvements for Back Face Culling support. A further 10 parts have been (...) (14 years ago, 5-Jul-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !!

  Motors comparison page updated

Hi all, I just updated my motors comparison page to include the RC train motor and the new Power Functions train motor (much improved as you'll see). (URL) Motors comparison page> (2 URLs) Philo (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.6

Today I have uploaded the last build of DATHeader to (URL) hope you like the new features and bugfixes. If you have any ideas, remarks, suggestions, claims - please let me know. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 21-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.6

Today I have uploaded the last build of DATHeader to (URL) hope you like the new features and bugfixes. If you have any ideas, remarks, suggestions, claims - please let me know. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 21-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.

(2 URLs) Bricksmith 2.4> adds the following features: Drawing speed improvements of up to 1200% 64-bit native on Mac OS X 10.6 Viewports fill their entire frame Supports displaying the newly-standardized direct RGB color syntax Supports displaying (...) (14 years ago, 14-Jun-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, FTX)

  Perth Model Railway Show 2010 Pics

Hi All, The Perth Model Railway Show was a huge success! 40,000 people through the doors and most of them crowding around our display! Take a look at my pics here... (URL) visit our site... (URL) Adult Lego Society. (14 years ago, 12-Jun-10, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  CONTEST - BricksNorth needs a logo.‏

Posted on Behalf of Jenn Wagner (jenn@thebrickchick.com) BricksNorth where: Downtown Toronto, Ontario Canada at the Delta Chelsea Hotel. when: August 25-28th, 2011 Hello everybody!! Some of you may have heard that Canada will be getting a LEGO fan (...) (14 years ago, 9-Jun-10, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Brickworld - Esther Walner Memorial Charity Auction

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space Brickworld is only a couple weeks away and you are helping us set records with this year's event already with a massive 795 registered attendees. While this is incredible, the one record (...) (14 years ago, 2-Jun-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  LETGUI update

Hi all, I have updated LETGUI to support the latest tools created by Philo ((URL) and (URL) can find the latest version of LETGUI at (URL) is a complete install for windows systems with all tools in one installer. For Linux user I have now also (...) (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Updates of LDraw tool for parts authors

I have updated several of my LDraw tool for parts authors: (URL) PlanarCheck>: corrected a bug that caused agressive rounding. (URL) Rectifier>: new -t option allowing to choose the maximum angle formed by two triangles being merged into a quad. (...) (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  New LDraw tool for parts authors: SymSplitter

(2 URLs) SymSplitter> is the tool of choice when you want to exploit symmetries in a LDraw file to reduce its size. You may use it to separate left/right/middle parts, cut parts by planes, and adjust vertices coordinates to make sure they lie (...) (14 years ago, 25-May-10, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  personal OMR (now 940 models)

I just updated 3 models and added 25 new models to my OMR. You can find that at (URL) you find errors, please let me know so I can correct that. have fun mikeheide (14 years ago, 22-May-10, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.announce)

  New (old) Tool - Primitive Generator 2

Today I am proud to annouce the release of Primitive Genenerator 2. Based on the work of Paul Easter's Primitive Generator I have created Primitive Genenerator 2. Now that the sourcecode is available again we can add functions and primitives to that (...) (14 years ago, 16-May-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld - Keynote Speaker Plus...

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space A lot has been happening lately as we prepare for Brickworld 2010!!! We have a wonderful Keynote Speaker from the upper management of LEGO lined up for the event: Lisbeth Valther (...) (14 years ago, 4-May-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  New Feature added to BrickBuildr

I wanted to announce a new feature to iPaB. Now on the summary page for each LEGO store, you can download the PaB summary page to a CSV file. This feature comes to you from a suggestion by the 1000steine.de AFOL, Ronald -- you have him to thank. (...) (14 years ago, 9-Apr-10, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LDraw.org colour restrictions and specifications ratified

Hi folks, The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has just unanimously ratified changes to official colour restrictions and specifications. This means, that: Direct colours, i.e. 0x02RRGGBB colour values, are now officially recognized. Blended colours, (...) (14 years ago, 2-Apr-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Hispabrick Magazine 007

(URL) It's that time again:we are happy to announce the release of Hispabrick Magazine 007 In this issue you will find some great articles about Technic, part 6 of an ongoing series of MINDSTORMS related articles, an interview with Michael Lachman, (...) (14 years ago, 1-Apr-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Brickworld - Build On The Spot Challenge

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space The Brickworld Team has arranged to create and execute our second annual Build On-The-Spot (BOTS) challenge at this year’s event. This challenge will be completed in addition to the (...) (14 years ago, 30-Mar-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.5

Today I have released the new version 3.0.5.0 of DATHeader. Sorry for all linux guys, it does not work under MONO. For all other it might be worth to have a look to the new features. You will find the details and a download link on (URL) (14 years ago, 28-Mar-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld - Premiere Item

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space Brickworld is excited to announce that Jonathan Bender, author of "LEGO - A Love Story" will be attending Brickworld this year. (URL) In honor of this, we have made arrangements with his (...) (14 years ago, 28-Mar-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Michiana-LTC to display at St. Joseph Valley Railroad Club Swap Meet - Sunday, March 21st, 2010

Type: Train Show and Swap Meet Date: Sunday, March 21, 2010 Time: 10:00am - 3:00pm Location: BPOE Lodge 235 Address: 3535 McKinley Ave, South Bend, IN The Saint Joe Valley Model Railroad club sponsors two swap meets a year. At our meet you will see (...) (14 years ago, 19-Mar-10, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.announce)

  GMLTC to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

(URL) The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 29th Annual Model Railroad Show. Come see the GMLTC’s 18’x30’ ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town & 9V train layout. Judy & Bill (...) (14 years ago, 16-Mar-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi, FTX)

  Brickworld - 2010 Event Kits & Preorder

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover 2010: Bricks In Space Brickworld is happy to announce that we have designed 2, yes, TWO classic space themed event kits for the 2010 event. The kits are: Moon Rover (URL) Speedster Spaceship (URL) These kits (...) (14 years ago, 11-Mar-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Fourth Kostky.org exhibition

Hi, I'd like to inform you that fourth Kostky.org exhibition will start on March 20 in Roztoky (about 15 kms north of Prague). More information is here: (URL) just came back from the first building weekend and I must say I was impressed by the (...) (14 years ago, 8-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  BrickMagic: Motorized LEGO Boat Race

This is a call for participation in a Motorized LEGO Boat Race to be held at BrickMagic - a LEGO Fan event in Raleigh, North Carolina on May 7, 8, and 9, 2010 - Mother’s Day weekend! I had posted (URL) the rules> awhile back & they have worked well (...) (14 years ago, 3-Mar-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LUGNET Group on Facebook

Hi all, when browsing Facebook recently, I realized that quite a few LUGNET folks are active networkers there as well. Not sure what it may be good for in the long run, but I took the opportunity and created a LUGNET group on Facebook - it is (...) (14 years ago, 2-Mar-10, to lugnet.announce) !

  AFOL A Blocumentary (video)

A very good documentary about the LEGO hobby. AFOL A Blocumentary Directed by Jess Gibson From the site: Passion combines with creativity in this documentary that features a selection of AFOLs (Adult Fans Of LEGO) from the Pacific NorthWest. (URL) (...) (14 years ago, 20-Feb-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.fun.community, FTX)

  (Update) Regarding to $6,000 worth of LEGO stolen - been found

Some of Fremont family's stolen LEGO recovered from stolen truck By Ben Aguirre Jr. Oakland Tribune Updated: 02/17/2010 10:25:27 AM PST FREMONT, CA — A late-night phone call brought good news to Mark and Jannet Benz some of their stolen (...) (14 years ago, 17-Feb-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  $6,000 worth of LEGO stolen from man's truck

LEGO San Franciso Street Scenes Stolen From Truck February 10, 2010 FREMONT, CA -- Fremont police asked for the public's help Wednesday in locating several elaborate Lego scenes of San Francisco landmarks that were stolen out of a locked truck (...) (14 years ago, 11-Feb-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  2010 Brickworld Theme

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover After much deliberation, the Brickworld Team is excited to announce that the theme for this year's event is: 2010: Bricks In Space So, let's all try to work something "spacey" into our displays somewhere in (...) (14 years ago, 10-Feb-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX)

  German and Italian language add-on for MLCad 3.30 available

Hi folks, I upgraded the German and Italian language add-on for MLCad. Both add-ons are now fit for version 3.30. You'll find the .zip-files along with a tutorial for how to change the language interface at: German - (URL) - (URL) w. (14 years ago, 8-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad) !

  Collectible Brick Show!!!

Just released, A huge Collectible Brick Show will be held Sunday July 18th at the Ramada Inn 1083 Route 206 north Bordentown New Jersey 9am-4pm where Lego Collectors & Fans Meet. DOOR PRIZES!! 50 TABLES!!! Featuring, New Set, Retired Sets, Old Sets, (...) (14 years ago, 8-Feb-10, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Announcements of one type or another...it's been a while!

Hi all, it's been some time since I posted here about BrickJournal, and for those wondering, no I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. Far from it. And I'll be telling you what's been going on... BrickJournal BrickJournal has grown from an (...) (14 years ago, 8-Feb-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.events, FTX) !

  LDraw.org Parts numbering scheme for parts with unknown numbers.

The LSC has just ratified the LDraw.org Parts numbering scheme for parts with unknown numbers. It should allow to add parts to the library where the part number is not known. As the systematic that is used up to now has reached its limits this (...) (14 years ago, 5-Feb-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Registration open for Bricks by the Bay Convention April 9-11 2010, Fremont California

The San Francisco Bay area in California is hosting a new LEGO convention later this spring called Bricks by the Bay. The event will be held in Fremont on April 9-11, 2010. You can now (URL) for Bricks by the Bay> on our website. Hurry - early (...) (14 years ago, 4-Feb-10, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Updated Unofficial parts pack for LeoCAD

Following LeoCAD official parts update ((URL) here is an new version of my unofficial parts pack. It contains all LDraw unofficial parts available as of February 4, 2010. (URL) (14 years ago, 4-Feb-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.leocad)

  Brick Dice

Hi all, I'm betting there's a fairly large overlap between LEGO-geeks and game-playing-geeks. For that audience I present these "brick dice". Instead of digits 1-6 on the faces, I have building block representations with one to six "studs" showing. (...) (14 years ago, 30-Jan-10, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  LEGOLAND® Florida : A new theme park

Yes that's right LEGOLAND® is coming to Florida. As mention and reported from different websites. News was leaked Wednesday afternoon in e-mails that the former home of Cypress Gardens Adventure Park in Winter Haven, Florida has been purchased and (...) (14 years ago, 21-Jan-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  GallaghersArt.com Forums now open

I just made my own forums live over the weekend. The main purpose at this time is to allow me to release some of the LDraw files that go with some of my MOC’s, enable more info to be posted without creating more pages and bogging down my main site, (...) (14 years ago, 12-Jan-10, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LEGOCLICK.COM : Find Your Inspiration

ENFIELD, Conn., Jan. 11, 2010 /PRNewswire/ Great Ideas Just CLICK: LEGO Systems Launches Program to Celebrate Moments of Inspiration -LEGO® Photo, the First Official LEGO iPhone Application, Available for Free Download- -Original Short Film and Blog (...) (14 years ago, 12-Jan-10, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.4

I just finished the next update for DATHeader. The new localisation files will now be supported and for entering the keywords you can now choose from the keywords that are already used in other official parts. For this new functions you will need to (...) (14 years ago, 10-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDTranslator Update (1.0.5.3)

I have just finished version 1.0.5.3. New is the possibility to create from LDTranslator a 'language pack' for each language as zip file that can be used like the update zip files for the library. I hope you like this. Download from (URL) (14 years ago, 9-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDTranslator released

I released today LDTranslator 1.0.5.0 It can be used to create the localisation files according the LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ((URL) can download that tool (windows only) from (URL) (14 years ago, 8-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDDMaker Version 1 Released

Some time ago I finished LDDMaker but I think I have forgotten to make it public. Here it is now. This app makes it easier to create Shortcut_Physical_Colour files. You can download from (URL) hope you like it. cu mikeheide (14 years ago, 7-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org Localisation Guideline ratified

The LSC has just ratified the LDraw.org Localisation Guideline. It should be a guideline for implementing localisations for the LDraw System of Tools. Read more here: (URL) Heidemann On behalf of the LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) (14 years ago, 7-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  DATHeader Update (The Reviewer Tool) Version 3.0.3

I have just uploaded the current version of DATHeader. Now the colour names that are shown to you in DATHeader can be localised. Also two new checks are integrated for scaling of primitives. There are some primitives that should not be scaled in any (...) (14 years ago, 3-Jan-10, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Brickworld Registration Open

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The team at Brickworld is excited to announce that registration for the 2010 event at the Westin is now open. Preorder items will be posted on the web site soon (including 2 event kits). The theme is (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jan-10, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact