 Announcements / 4057
4056  |  4058
Subject:
Brick Dice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 30 Jan 2010 01:55:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

I'm betting there's a fairly large overlap between LEGO-geeks and
game-playing-geeks. For that audience I present these "brick dice". Instead of
digits 1-6 on the faces, I have building block representations with one to six
"studs" showing. The "5" side was tricky since there is not a standard 1x5
brick, so I depicted a 1x2 plate with a 3-stud L-brick next to it (the other
digits are represented by a 1x1, 1x2, 1x3, 2x2, and 2x3 brick). These come in a
set of 5 colored dice as shown.

http://www.ericharshbarger.org/geek/#brick_dice

I engraved these using my laser cutter. I've been on quite a "dice kick" lately,
as one can see on the above webpage...

Anyway, I thought folks here at LUGNET might appreciate these latest creations.

Eric Harshbarger