 Announcements / 2581 (-20)
  LUGNET Transition Update

As mentioned late last week, here's an update on the status of the LUGNET transition. Hopefully it will address recent concerns, as well as bring you some new, exciting news about the direction we're taking. First off, we consider new member issues (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Free Web Hosting for LUGs/LTCs

As part of my own effort to increase awareness of the LUG/LTC community, my company, Northstar Computer Systems, is offering free web hosting for any LEGO-related group. All that I ask is that you add a link from your site back to mine and that you (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Display Event

GtwLUG will be having a Train display on June 13th and 20th at The Wabash Frisco and Pacific Assn. Steam Railway in Eureka, Mo. For information and directions see their website at: www.wfprr.com Our display will be a 8' x 12' Layout with 2 running (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce)

  BF 2004 LTC Container Car Swap Call for Participation

Hello, I will be heading up this year's LTC container swap. If your club is interested in participating, please have a club representative e-mail me with your club affiliation and information. Also e-mail me a list of container cars that your club (...) (20 years ago, 8-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  Re: The SPLTC Recreates the Old West

Pictures from the show are up and ready for viewing. (URL) us know what you think. Ray (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sbe, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.bak, lugnet.western) !!

  Saturday June 19th Cleveland Area Gathering

I will be hosting an informal gathering of AFOLs in the Cleveland, OH area at my house on Saturday, June 19, 2004. Anyone in the area at that time is welcome to come, but I ask that you do please let me know that you are coming so that I can plan (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh.akr, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events)

  BrickFest 2004 Mosaic Event

BrickFest attendees will witness the on-site assembly of a 21 panel LEGO mosaic featuring the image of the Capitol Building. In the tradition of the team building challenges at BrickFest and other AFOL events, BrickFest 2004 is no exception. I'm (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us) !!

  Update - New container ship colors

In case anyone is interested, I thought I'd pass on some info from new container ship color survey. Right now, both the dark green (no not regular green) and dark blue choices are neck and neck. There have been 579 English NA 207 English EU 96 (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.color) !

  HOT! Need your help in choosing...

Become part of history and vote on the new color for the next container ship.. The Maersk Container ship (set 10152) has been a huge success and will truly be a collector’s items. The limited quantity is nearly gone. Many community members have (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.color, FTX) !!

  Announcing the Alternate Star Wars Contests

Hi all, I'm here to announce the "Alternate Star Wars" contest that I'm currently hosting on the FBTB "LEGO Star Wars Customs" forum. The obvious and the main reason for it, is to boost the creativity in creating more Sci-fi based original customs. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space) !

  BrickFest 2004 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest™ Committee invites the designers and artists of the community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the Official BrickFest 2004 Event Graphic, which will commemorate the 5th Anniversary of BrickFest in Washington, DC. The selected (...) (20 years ago, 1-Jun-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Announcing the MOCC

My Own Castle Competition. We are hereby happy to announce the official castle-building competition for the Castle Room at BrickFest 2004. The competition is pretty straightforward, but a lot can be done with it. It is the hope of the BrickFest 2004 (...) (20 years ago, 31-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.western, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests) !!

  Das 1. Buch L. -- Brick Testament book to be released in German this August

I am very pleased to announce that a German translation of (URL) The Brick Testament: Stories from the Book of Genesis> will be coming out in Germany this August. In Germany the book go by the title (URL) 1. Buch L.>. I got my first look at it just (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.loc.de, FTX) !

  Galactic Requiem update - Chapter 1 finished

At long last, (URL) Chapter 1> of my LEGO comic, (URL) Galactic Requiem>, is finished and uploaded. Seven brand new pages. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, Galactic Requiem is a dystopic science fiction comic illustrated entirely with (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Jade Empire Wooshi

Our corporate intelligence sources have managed to sneak back some photos of a new Jade Empire weapon, the (URL) Wooshi>. Our sources have been unable to determine as yet whether this is powered armor or an advanced com-bot. It has been code-named (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LEGO Books for your Club or Organization

Greetings, No Starch Press would like to extend to you an offer that might help support your user group. No Starch is willing to offer you books at a discounted price which you can then sell for full price to the general public at shows and events. (...) (20 years ago, 27-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.books, lugnet.org, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !!

  Club Logos and Website Club Links for the BrickFest website

The BrickFest Committee is calling upon club members attending BrickFest to submit their club logos and URL to BrickFest for inclusion in the Participating Clubs section on the side bar on the home page. The web logo button size is 88 x 31 pixels. (...) (20 years ago, 26-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events) !!

  The Braintrust builds one for the Eastern Block.

As promised, I am announcing more new stuff from the Braintrust. This one's built with the intent to sell it to the Eastern Block. It's a battle support mech, with a capacity of 48 missiles, and two gatling guns. (URL) CBT-EB> I didn't have enough (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Updated "Breathe Some Life" Competition Entries

Hi All, I've recently added some Australian themed MOCs to my Brickshelf folder for the "The Great Breathe Some Life into .loc.au Competition!". Check out some pics at... (URL) let me know what you think! Cheers, Braith. -More to come ;) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce)

  BIP Updates

After a long hiatus in doing anything new with the Building Instructions Portal, I'm coming back! In the coming months, I'm going to be putting quite a bit of effort into re-writing the site's code, and adding new functionality. So in preparation (...) (20 years ago, 24-May-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact