 Announcements / 2464
2463  |  2465
Subject:
Last chance for real grey -- let's send a message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 18:36:06 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

As you may have seen in this thread:

<http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=5877>

the limited production run -- 10,000 bags each -- of the classic grey, dark
grey, and brown parts packs is now available at <http://shop.lego.com/>.

I know that these packs aren't necessarily a great deal compared to what one
might be able to get these things for at Bricklink -- but it's also the last
batch of these colors Lego intends to sell. We're always going on about how
important of a market segment we are, and how it's foolish to ignore us.

Well, here's a chance to send a clear message that we've been
underestimated. It's easy to ignore what may be perceived as a loudmouthed
and slightly bizarre outlying market segment -- but a financially-struggling
company can't help but notice the pocketbook. In general, it's pretty hard
to have our impact show up, because Lego -- with the exception of a few
recent efforts from Jake McKee -- doesn't even seem to be looking for it.
This situation is special -- we can definitely make our wants -- and our
spending power obvious.

How fast can we make those 10,000 disappear? If we can have them all sold
out by the end of the week, that'd be awesome. I'm pretty stretched on my
Lego budget, but I've purchased a few. Maybe we can even have them sold out
by the end of the day!

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>