 General / 46484
Re: Last chance for real grey -- let's send a message
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 19:24:56 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Matthew Miller wrote:
   As you may have seen in this thread:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=5877

the limited production run -- 10,000 bags each -- of the classic grey, dark grey, and brown parts packs is now available at http://shop.lego.com/.

I know that these packs aren’t necessarily a great deal compared to what one might be able to get these things for at Bricklink -- but it’s also the last batch of these colors Lego intends to sell. We’re always going on about how important of a market segment we are, and how it’s foolish to ignore us.

Well, here’s a chance to send a clear message that we’ve been underestimated. It’s easy to ignore what may be perceived as a loudmouthed and slightly bizarre outlying market segment -- but a financially-struggling company can’t help but notice the pocketbook. In general, it’s pretty hard to have our impact show up, because Lego -- with the exception of a few recent efforts from Jake McKee -- doesn’t even seem to be looking for it. This situation is special -- we can definitely make our wants -- and our spending power obvious.

How fast can we make those 10,000 disappear? If we can have them all sold out by the end of the week, that’d be awesome. I’m pretty stretched on my Lego budget, but I’ve purchased a few. Maybe we can even have them sold out by the end of the day!

I’d love to help here (and huge kudos to Jake!) but...it’s kinda hard to vote with an empty pocketbook (which mine happens to be, currently). :)

-Mike