 Announcements / 2396 (-20)
  NYCLUG -- First Meeting 2/8/04 in NYC (Fingers crossed!)

Please highlight this item on LUGNET to increase visibility! While NYCLUG is still in its formative stages, rest assured that we’re past the first step and moving in the right direction. Thus far, we have more than a dozen people who’ve expressed (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Streamliner Dome Car for Santa Fe train by Brick Built Trains (J. Mathis)

Hello, everyone, This January 27, 2004, I would like to announce a streamliner dome car design to complement the official LEGO(R) Santa Fe(R) train set. The design features fully removable roof sections, a lift out upper deck of sets, spiral stairs (...) (21 years ago, 28-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  .Space Squares Beware

I've heard talk of this evil around here for awhile, but I've never seen one, until now. It's... the Space Hippies! Both are powered by insidious free-love drives. First up is their one-man fighter craft, armed with 3vil flower power cannons, and (...) (21 years ago, 27-Jan-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce)

  Toy & Hobby Expo Show Report - Town/Train & Space Layouts

MichLUG was happy to participate in the Toy & Hobby Expo in Novi, Michigan for a second year. This year we expanded our showing to include a Moonbase layout and a table for some large Model Team style creations by Steve Ringe and some Bionicle (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  * LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.53 released *

LDDesignPad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Features are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define codesnippets (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  DNS outage, service restored

My apologies to everyone who was unable to reach the server for the better part of the past day. I had thought the lugnet.com domain had been renewed through 2005, but it actually was up for renewal this year, with expiry on January 18. (...) (21 years ago, 26-Jan-04, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  NALUG show pictures at GETS 2003

We finally have organized the pictures people took of NALUG's train layout at the Great Edmonton Model Train Show in late 2003. (URL) Highlights include: * new DCC system * transfer table * working Bascule bridge * rotary hopper dumper Kudos to (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug) !!

  Brick Tales has moved

Hi all, My site, Brick Tales, probably best known (assuming it is known) for my on-going Lord of the Rings project, has moved (a bit). The new url is: (URL) you have links to my site, well, first, thank you, and second, please update them (basically (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce) !

  Master Builder Competition

Jeff Elliott and I stopped by LLCA this morning on the way to Day 63 of the SCLTC display at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum in order to see what was going on at the master builder competition. The event got underway very promptly at 10:00 as (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland.california, FTX)

  Aaron Sneary Rocks!

I just Learned that Aaron Sneary was selected as one of three to be offered the position of master builder! Way to go Aaron! Christina Hitchcock (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests) !!

  Lego on The Motley Fool

Lego was written up by The Motley Fool today after they posted a $230 million loss for 2003, blaming "ill-conceived strategic moves to sell toys based on popular films and books." (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce)

  Brickfest PDX minifig sigfig update and call to arms

Hi all. As the magical date grows closer and closer, the anticipation grows with it. From everything I've seen, this is shaping up to be a monumental event. I can't wait to get there. As a lot of you already know, I am hosting a minifig roundtable (...) (21 years ago, 22-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  BrickFest PDX Advance Registration ends Jan 30th.

January, 30th is the last day of Advanced Registration for BrickFest PDX! (URL) PDX.BrickFest.com > What is it? (URL) BrickFest! > Where is it this time? The (URL) Oregon Convention center> in beautiful Portland Oregon When is it? February 13-15th (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, FTX) !!

  Re: MichLUG to display at the Great American Train Show in Novi, MI

Correction: the show will be on Jan 24th & 25th (this weekend.) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, FTX)

  MichLUG to display at the Great American Train Show in Novi, MI

This will be MichLTC's 4th year displaying at the Great American Train show in Novi, MI. We frequently pull out all the stops for this show and this year is no exception. Looks for many new creations. We will have multiple drop sections, 3 9v train (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004

Timed ISD Team Build at BrickFest PDX 2004 Are you ready to rumble? It's time to break that world record once again and at what better place than at a world class LEGO® fan organize event like BrickFest PDX 2004! With Adult Fans of LEGO® (AFOL) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Jan-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, FTX) !!

  Festival of the Moon: the PDX Classic-Castle Event

Come One and Come All! Lord Marshal Leonhart of Tallahia invites you to the Festival of the Moon, to be held at Brickfest PDX. Merchants and Artisans will be temporarily relocating their shops and houses to Portland for what may be the largest (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !!

  New Star Wars Mini - B wing fighter

So I finally decided to try my hand at a MINI MOC. This is my first attempt at a MINI. PLMKWYT. (BTW, I tried to upload the LDraw file, but it doesn't seem to be in the folder. If you would like it, drop me an email. You will need to get part 47398 (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX)

  Commemorative BrickFest PDX 2004 OCC Model

BrickFest PDX 2004 Commemorative Oregon Convention Center model To celebrate the BrickFest PDX 2004 event, we are pleased to announce the availability of a 66-piece display model of the Oregon Convention Center. This model features the OCC in (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

  LEGO, Mars, Caltech

For this Caltech alum who works a few blocks from the campus, builds LEGO all the time, and has followed the space program since our rockets only knew how to explode, the sun and the moon and the stars have aligned: (URL) -Ted Michon (21 years ago, 19-Jan-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact