 Announcements / 1914
  MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

Hi Folks Announcing www.misbi.com the web's first fully searchable archive of historical prices achieved by MISB and MIB Lego sets on Ebay. Not only can you check previous prices in US Dollars, Euros and Pounds Sterling, but you can also see (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade) !!

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

What a nifty resource! This is why I love the Lugnet community. They're always coming up with amazing new things. How does it gather the data? I'm hoping you're not manually entering all the Lego auctions into your database. Adrian (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message news:H8tpB8.E9x@lugnet.com... (...) I'm (...) database. (...) Thankfully, I am able to harvest the data automatically (don't ask!), but there still remains an unhealthy amount of manual work in order (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) I was one of the lucky few who got a preview of this, and who gave a little prerelease feedback. I was blown away! This is incredibly nifty! It's just the thing for doing "what if" analysis, whether you are a buyer or a seller or both. In (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) So-- I have to ask-- BrickLink has (I assume) similar data, which theoretically would be easier to extract & sort. Any chance that their data might get incorporated into MISBI? Also, since it's in part manual, any chance that *used* sets could (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) Well, I'm always lagging in the comment department as of late, but I would also like to extend my compliments for a truely useful site. (and another nice site to bookmark in my favorites page.) Anyhow, great site overall, and definitely nice (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

Hi Steve and all! (...) I think that this is a WONDERFUL source for Lego collectors or for those who want to start collecting. I think the only thing that I would like to know is why it has to be just MISB or MIB sets? Why can't it be any set (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) If we take December 2002 as an example, there were approx 34,000 listings in the Lego category. Searching through the headings for keywords such as "MISB", "MIB", "UNOPENED" etc is straightforward and produces reliable results, whilst removing (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) I specifically designed MISBI.com as an archive of Ebay prices and have no plans to "incorporate" data from other sources at this time. I accept that it would be beneficial to have the ability to "reference" additional data, in which case (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) Well-- I don't think I'd expect an exact price-per-condition guide. IE if I have a complete 6980 with decent pieces and a ratty 6080 that's missing some stuff, I could still guestimate given ranges. So if I see that 30 Non-MISB 6980's have (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

"David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message news:H8vGyL.DnB@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) "Premium content" will be developed as the site (and depth of data) evolves. I have plans to introduce a collection valuation tool where the user can (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

I think that by relying solely on eBay data that this reference will be of limited use. My reasons for this conclusion are as follows: 1) EBay prices don't seem to be particularly representative of anything to me, except sometimes something along (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) Have most people given up on eBay in favor of Bricklink? I find them both useful. In general I find that eBay is cheaper. It's in the nature of the method of sales. Someone wants to sell *now* versus someone who can wait until he gets his (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

(...) Oh, I agree completely. But when it comes to these two terms -- MISB and MIB -- there really shouldn't be too much messing around with what it's "supposed" to mean, and what it would mean in almost any other category of collectable. The key (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.general)