 Announcements / 1872
  LPub 2.1.0.3 released

LPub 2.1.0.3 has been released to (URL) is a bug fix release: - Single image generation complains that lsynth is not installed - LPub forgets where LDraw and L3P are installed when saving global config - Selecting specify output file name for (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

Kevin, Well done on this newer version - it is a HUGE improvement over the previous earlier version and I no longer get the calculation errors I used to get with the numeric fields. I do however have one strange problem that I think is a bug; I am (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

Hi Richard, One of the things that is ill-defined for LPub is which controls affect Complete Image, and which controls affect Building Instructions. The camera settings you refer to only affect complete image. LPub assumes that you will use rotation (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

Thanks for clarification on this Kevin. I didn't realise that different settings only affected 'Complete Assembly' and not also the Instruction Images' (...) for building instructions. This makes sense and now I know how this works, I have done this (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

I just got another email discussing the use of orthographic camera and building instructions. The two do not work well together, and won't for the forseeable future. LPub leaves it to L3P to determine the camera settings. For a given LDraw file, (...) (21 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

(...) Yes, I plan adding -co for orthographic camera with automatic camera positioning. But the orthographic camera has changed in PovRay 3.5, and it is playing games with me. Perhaps I'll use the command "version 3.0" to overcome my trouble... (...) (21 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

I ran into the want for orthographic camera, with my pneumatic adding machine MOC, and made some discoveries. You can simulate orthographic images with a camera angle of 1. I tried using 0, but L3P silently ignores this and assumes you want the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

So to clarify, rather than use the ortho setting, you are choosing the camera angle setting and using a 1? Is that it, or are you doing additional stuff? I was playing around last night and was noticing that the creations weren't always centered (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

Hi Jake, (...) I'm merely setting the camera angle to 1 which eliminates perspective. I do not set orthographic. I modified LPub so the lowest camera angle is 1, and fixed the label that indicates the actual camera angle so it is updated as the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H89087.MI1@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) issues. (...) [ ... snipped ... ] As long as you are in there working on things - can you add an option to specify a directory where (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

(...) 1 degree practically corresponds to orthographic camera. You can also use e.g. 0.01, the camera will be put very far away then. See the effect of various camera angles at (URL) I should add an example of 1 degree... (...) Yes, it is being (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

(...) It is easy to create 0.01 with LPub: Move camera scroll bar all the way to the left (angle 0), then click the right arrow on the scroll bar to increment by 0.1. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

LPub uses: -cg0,0 -ca30 by default. LPub controls view angle by rotating all the parts to match rotation step specification and view coordinates. It seems like this qualifies as auto-centerable, but it does not always work. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

(...) By creating a temp file with a line type 1 reference to the original model, and passing the temp file to L3p? (...) Perhaps you experience problems like described in last part of (URL) I'll need some files to recreate the problem at home. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

(...) Yes. This is how I do it. (...) I will create a DAT and email it to you. (...) Thanks, Kevin (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

(...) I always put the origin at the center of the first piece (or pieces if the first step has more than one). That means nothing I do will render properly in Lpub?? MLCAD doesn't have this problem - my models are always centered, no matter what. I (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

Bill, Give it a try. I'm still working on the version that has auto-centering, but it will be out soon. The problem only shows up sometimes. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)