 CAD / 9143
Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 20:42:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Lars C. Hassing writes:
In lugnet.cad, Kevin Clague writes:
I ran into the want for orthographic camera, with my pneumatic adding
machine MOC, and made some discoveries.

You can simulate orthographic images with a camera angle of 1.  I tried
using 0, but L3P silently ignores this and assumes you want the default
angle of 67 degrees.  I modified LPub so the lowest possible angle is 1, and
I get no perspective.

1 degree practically corresponds to orthographic camera.
You can also use e.g. 0.01, the camera will be put very far away then.
See the effect of various camera angles at
http://www.hassings.dk/l3/l3p_ca.html
Perhaps I should add an example of 1 degree...

It is easy to create 0.01 with LPub:

Move camera scroll bar all the way to the left (angle 0), then click the
right arrow on the scroll bar to increment by 0.1.

Kevin

Lars, is the -ca0 silently getting mapped to camera angle of 67 a "feature"
or a bug?

Yes, it is being mapped to the default 67, since IIRC POV only accepts
0<angle<180, other values are also meaningless.
In the coming L3P -ca0 is not accepted.
I check if the angle is positive and less than 180.

Also I've added
-co[<s>] orthographic camera, optional scalefactor
but I'm having trouble with the orthographic camera in POV 3.5,
in fact this is the only remaining issue for the coming release...
/Lars