 Announcements / 1032
  New House

I know how much everyone loves those gray droid escape 1/4 round pieces. Here's a new house that uses them as a central tower. I didn't get time to furnish it yet, but will do that soon! (Need brown pieces) Click on the link under the picture to get (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: New House

(...) BK, This is awesome! This is one of the few instances where the baseplates are not at 90 degree angles to one another. By the way - how many Droid Escape sets did you have to purchase to pull this one off? This is one expensive set :) I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

wow that looks really good. having just completed a moc with a full roof I can apeciate how it eats up the bricks :) James Stacey www.minifig.co.uk "Pawel Nazarewicz" <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message news:GB92o5.4GD@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) I'm glad you liked the model! It took 8 escape droid pods for this set. There are several plane and train windows in this moc, but the 1x1 are just standard 1x1 black headlight bricks reversed. I did it on my Lofty Ridge model for the top (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

Wow Brian, Lots of (what I consider, at least) rare parts in there... whew. It looks great. -Andy Lynch (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) window (and the slope on top of it, etc) to mount on the round tower-- and for that matter, the same goes for the black doors at the base of the tower. Are they actually attached using Lego-means? DaveE (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) Yeah - that's the problem with a big project like Dave Eaton's Village or any large castle. You build a few houses and put a lot of resources into them, and then you are stuck and start trying to build stuff out of very standard elements :) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) Thanks for taking the time to drop a note! I wish that there was a way to actually attach them via a Lego means, but I took a short-cut and used a little of the wonderful poster tack (yellow gunk) and stuck it on the backs of the Lego bricks! (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) I wonder how noticeable it would look with 1x1 or 1x2 columns of bricks spaced between the 1/4 thinwalls on the tower-- that'd at least give a good starting point for the window... not sure about how to do the door though... and of course the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) I love it. Marvelously well done! james (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) Unfortunately I do not have a real staircase in the tower. The reason for this is the fact that you can't open the tower. If you have seen my Wizard's tower (where I used the counterpart white curved walls (URL) you will see one of the images (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) Hmm... Was thinking about exactly how to do this... I suppose if you used each step as having: 2x4 plate 1x4 tile 1x2 tile 1x1 tile 1x1 plate And spiraling them around the center stud, then you could work your way up the center of the (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) Using dark gray and black together would expand the bricks you could draw from. You could 'hide' the dark gray on the underside and you probably wouldn't notice it! What were you going to do with the tiles? (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New House

(...) Yeah, I was thinking probably tan thanks to the bunch that come in things like the snowspeeder, and a couple other sets, I think...When hidden underneath, I'm betting they'd work pretty well (except when seen from the backside, which wouldn't (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Spiral Staircase in 8x8 cylinder (was: Re: New House)

(...) Played a little last night-- I found the method that seemed to work best was having each step made from: 2x3 plate 1x2 tile w/ center stud 2x2 tile The very bottommost step needed a 2x2 plate as the base, though, so that it wouldn't run into (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.castle)