 Castle / 8423
Re: New House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 12:05:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.announce, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
I know how much everyone loves those gray droid escape 1/4 round pieces.
Here's a new house that uses them as a central tower.  I didn't get time to
furnish it yet, but will do that soon! (Need brown pieces)  Click on the
link under the picture to get a list of thumbnail images of the house.

http://legobuilders.com/Buildings/country_mansion.htm

Thanks for looking!

BK,

This is awesome!  This is one of the few instances where the baseplates are
not at 90 degree angles to one another.  By the way - how many Droid
Escape sets did you have to purchase to pull this one off?

This is one expensive set :)  I noticed the blue door and what appeared to
be 1x1 black windows ... or was it something else?

Very cool.

-- Pawel

I'm glad you liked the model!  It took 8 escape droid pods for this set.
There are several plane and train windows in this moc, but the 1x1 are just
standard 1x1 black headlight bricks reversed.  I did it on my Lofty Ridge
model for the top windows and it looked really great.  A little history is
in order:  during the middle ages, glass was quite expensive for large
pieces.  So most windows were made up of smaller "square" sections so as to
keep the cost down.  I am trying to imitate some of that style with those
1x1 sectioned windows and lattice pieces in the big windows.  This house uses:

  8 brown 1x4x8 1/4 circle top doors(6105)
  2 black 1x4x8 1/4 circle top doors(6105)
  2 blue 1x4x6 (3644)
  1 white 1x4x6 (3644)
  1 black 1x4x6 (3644)
20 black hinge bricks for the doors
around 300 1x1 black bricks
around 60 1x1 black plates
  5 1x2x2 black plane windows
  2 1x2x3 black plane windows
18 black 1x4x2 spindled fences
20 black 45 degree 2x2 double concave bricks (3046)
  6 black double convex 2x2 bricks (3676)(around the deck/balcony)
12 black 45 degree 3x1 double inverted slope bricks (2341)
and loads of other pieces!

Lots of special pieces and plates were needed to 'build' around the central
tower.  It was a fun project that took about 6-8 hours to build.  I like
furnishing the houses for my Land of SparrowHawk.  It is probably the most
difficult part of completing a house; that can take up to 4 hours to do all
by itself! (Trying to find just the right pieces that work)