 Animation / 806
Re: Restart of LDA2001 Project (using LDraw models - L3P - POV)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.animation
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:06:06 GMT

In lugnet.animation, Stefan van Zwam wrote:
[snip some stuff]
Your library of pre-fab animation might be great to showcase models you've
built, but you need more than the perfect walk sequence to tell a story.
This is my issue with these efforts. I invite you to watch "The Gauntlet"
http://www.brickfilms.com/filmview.php?filmID=229 and "Mystery of the Ewok"
http://www.brickfilms.com/filmview.php?filmID=132 . The first shows
extremely impressive animation, the second extremely impressive
story-telling. I don't believe the tools you are creating will give the
flexibility needed to create masterpieces like these. I would love to be
proven wrong, though!

You're going off on James because his cool, amazing, exciting animation didn't
tell a story?  And then you're going to get down on the idea of creating new
software tools to make it easier to create great CG animations?  Get over
yourself.

The current 'tools' (MLCAD, POV-Ray) already provide the power necessary to
create masterpieces.  Additional tools will be like amplifiers, making it easier
to create animations, whether they are masterpieces or not.

I agree with you on one point - I'm excited at the possibilities of this
project!

Steve