 Adventurers / 295
294  |  296
Subject:
Reading Material
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 13:35:42 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:

Bruce you never cease to amaze.  You know about EVERYTHING!!  I feel so small
and uninformed next to your gigantic intellect and encyclopedic wisdom. ;-)

Cheers,
Mark L

Ahhhhhh, don't you mean I have an opinion about everything, which is not quite
like knowing about everything?  :-)

In fact, I have three computer sitting on my desk at work, so if someone is
talking about something, I just go surfing to find some answers.

Bruce

You don't fool me Bruce.  You are HAL 9000.  And yes you do know at least
something about everything discussed.  Too bad you can't tolerate Piers a
little more.  If you think his books drop off after the second one in a
series, what must you think of 90% of the authors on the NY Times bestseller
list?  I am not saying that he is legendary or worthy of scholarly debate, but
he is a lot better than Grisham, Jackie Collins, etc. and those are 1st tier
drivel masters.  I won't mention the spares that don't even make that list.
He may not be the greatest but at least he didn't write Chicken Soup for the
Overweight Soul, Burbank Exwives, or Lost World: The Fifth Hatching.  Put into
perspective he isn't half bad.  And would you rather read the 9th book in an
Anthony series or a Life's Little Handbook?

Mark L