 Adventurers / 2005
Re: Steamed Onions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 2004 21:27:37 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Niels Bugge wrote:

What about a distillery? It must be possible to distil a lot of Whiskey in such a dome ;-)

Heh, that would make an awesome moonbase-- Jack Daniel’s Distillery, operated by his descendant Buzz Daniels. In PCS color scheme. Yeah.

Well what can one expect? There seems to be a magic boundary at around parts with a LxWxH>100 where parts turn lame (with a few exceptions above and a lot below) because they’re too big and recognizable to be used for anything else than the role they were originally intended for, unless you’re into capital (space) ships. BTW what made you post this MOC in .space? (Except for the exclusive reason that I wouldn’t have had the pleasure of finding it if you hadn’t?)

Now we just need to simplify your working formula, make it sound snarkier, and then I can put it on a t-shirt. I would be into cap ships, and even though I might have the parts to make one by now, I’d never get the darn thing finished.

As for why I posted it in .space? Well, steampunk and techwest’s basic difference seems to lie in location (i.e. Earth/planetside vs. Space) so the terms have been used almost interchangeably, and so I thought I’d throw the original post there, if not the FUT. And yes, a bit of it was to get exposure, .adventurers isn’t exactly hopping ^^;

Yes of course, but I still think they should’ve taken the trouble of making the “shoulders” (by the arrow) of it more smooth; there is an edge where the two curves (neck and belly) meets, to avoid annoying some of us.

Yeah, well if I was gonna be a stickler, I never woulda forgiven them for the zeppelin part in 5956.

I got 4 bubbles and a lot of the blue plates in that P@B ;-) The elephant looked too ugly to me.

Cheers NB

I wish my PAB was as good as that! Not only is it lame and small (in the Colorado outlet), they just jacked up the price to US$12.95 a bag =( And the elephant is just awesome. It has more “personality” in real life, IMHO.

Kevin