 Adventurers / 153
Re: Personal Projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 22:47:29 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
<snipping previous comments by me>

Thanks for the reply Bruce.  I have made a few adventures of my own, all to
the African continent, three times now.  Once to Egypt, once to West Africa
(Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria), and once to Central Africa (Republic of the
Congo and Cameroon). Once you go to Africa you never leave it in spirit, I
swear!  As you can imagine the Egyptian theme was a thrill to me, but the
subsequent Jungle subtheme based in the Americas was a little more foreign.  I
have fallen in love with it since however and can't get enough of it now.
Since that subtheme was released I have found myself more and more eager to
learn about other areas of historic interest and not only see them but build
them.  In addition to buying baby supplies (I have brand new twin boys),
legos, and food my wife and I are planning a trip to New Delhi and Sri Lanka
this coming spring.  Money is tight but I tell you there is nothing like
travelling to far off destinations.  Sure the yellow fever shots suck and
malaria is even worse the second time (trust me!), but the experiences make
you a richer and more fulfilled person.  That is the spirit of the Adventurers
theme that appeals so strongly to me, and I dare say others.  No other theme
does quite the same thing to me and I am thankful lego makes them. Now if I
could just get that Angkor Watt photo I want and a copy of the 2000 lego
catalog to see if more adventures await us.

Tally Ho!
Mark L

I would love to make it to all those places.  Someday, sigh.

Have fun on the sub-continent: be thankful the shots are available (Malaria, my
dad, the Phillipines, WWII).

Bruce