 Adventurers / 148
Re: Personal Projects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 16:25:38 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mark Lindsey writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Chichen-Itza is correct.  The observatory would be a very cool project - as
would just about anything from there would be.  Now I'm going to have to dig
out my Chichen-Itza photos...I've been meaning to have the negatives scanned.

I'd probably want to do an un-reclaimed-from-the-jungle version, though.  I
love trees and vines growing right of the structures and integrating them • into
the landscape.

Bruce

You have great taste Bruce.  I like the vines and wild jungle look myself.  I
believe Joseph incorporated that into his first pyramid as well.  Do you have
any good photos of Angkor Watt?  LMK because I only have very small scale • ones.

Thanks,
Mark L

Oh I wish I had photos of Angkor!  Never been off of North America,
unfortunately.  Going to Angkor is not something I'd take lightly - it hasn't
been exactly stable around there.  I've seen extensive photos (including some
before and after restoration shots, which is why I like the jungle look) from
my Indian and southest Asia art history course way back when.  Not the same
thing as being there, climbing inside, feeling the undulations caused by time,
seeing the texture of the stone and the scale of the architecture (I've known
about the Mayan ball game, but never realized how high up the hoops were until
I actually say them).

Bruce