 Administrative / Suggestions / 932
  Geobra Society

Hello! Being a Playmobil-lover I always felt somewhat to be the odd one out at AFOL meetings. For many years Playmobil has been one of my most important inspirations for building with LEGO. There are so many things in the Playmobil universe that (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX) !!

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) (znip) LOL Jojo, Du bist zu freche! :-) JOHN (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) Hear, hear! Imagine what could be done by bringing together Playmobil fans, brick fans, and the now-sanctioned dark-side brick modders? We all need a home. Hybrid Playmobil-Lego mods! "Ports" of Playmobil accessories to the Lego platform! (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) I wonder if this is a common theme. I'm not a Playmobil lover, but my wife is. But she can play with LEGO too. I do enjoy watching her and sometimes I like getting involved when she is playing. I wonder though, how my kids will grow up, seeing (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Erik Olson wrote: (snip) (...) Eric, I will remind you that, in order to avoid brand dilution, please refer to Playmobil® in the singular form. Otherwise, we could soon be having kids entering the LEGO® aisle and (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) I enjoy browsing the Playmobil section in our local Playvalue store, thinking if only LEGO make good looking sets like them, and OTOH how much they are becoming Playmobil like with giant special pieces... Yes Playmobil have many good sets and (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

[newsgroup list trimmed] (...) Does Playmobil produce Lego system-compatible elements? If so, such discussion would be entirely appropriate in lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, and if there is enough interest and traffic in that group, perhaps creating (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) Are gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgendered people? If so, such discussions would be entirely appropriate in Lugnet.people, and if there is enough interest and traffic in that group, perhaps creating a more specific subgroup would be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) precisely! :) I wonder why no one else can see it? Also, as Larry had suggested, if the Lavender Brick Society actually existed, then they should qualify to have a Lugnet forum under the .org heirarchy. I think this is all Teddy was asking (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) Calling people homophobic as hyperbole is in my opinion really irresponsible PC mudslinging. It doesn't add anything constructive to the discussion, it just labels people as haters in a really careless way. -Tim (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) Alfred, the problem is that you label people with a negative term that you know (you admit above) technically do not deserve the label. There is no homophobia in the posts you are talking about - these people are expressing legitimate reasons (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) I don't think hyperbole is careless. It makes an important point. I think many of the opponents of this idea are haters of homosexuality. I don't think that they are such haters that they are willing to forego normal human decency. However, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) 1. Let's not make this into an issue with two sides. 2. Differences of opinion are good, so long as we remember to respect the opinions of others. --Todd (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

Hello! (...) Oh, it wasn't meant completely unserious. For example (URL) this> was inspired by (URL) this>. And (URL) this> was built after (URL) this>. I did several other "Renditions" of Playmobil models in LEGO in the past that are not documented (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) Looks like there are some who want to make this a place where only one type of opinion is respected. Sad. And, may I mention, bad for the community? -Tim (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) type of (...) Well.. wich one is that? I´d say that there are 2 sides and both of them want theirs to be the "only one". (...) Yes, indeed. (...) /J (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) Yes, how many past cultures have had socially accepted, civilly conducted, racially- or caste-based slavery? And how many free democracies still consider it to be acceptable today? (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) I don't think so. Someone wishing that one set of voices be silenced (or that they "shut their ignorant piehole") doesn't mean that it's going to happen. Them saying so gives the community a chance to respond and determine its stance on the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  Re: Geobra Society

(...) I would support the idea of a Playmobil subgroup. I'm active on both LUGNET and Playmoboard, and I see a distinctive difference between the two communities: LEGO is about building, so LUGNET is dominated by male engineers. LUGNET is American, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)