 Administrative / Suggestions / 286
    Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Scott Arthur
    (...) I agree. What Larry is doing is doing nothing for LUGNET, I wish he would just stand back and think about that. I have him told as much via e-mail. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Richard Marchetti
   Y'know Scott, as the other half of this particular problem you should accept a very considerable portion of the blame for it. Just because someone else has taken the opportunity to point out some of Larry's possible flaws is no reason for you to (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Scott Arthur
   (...) None of us are perfect Richard. I have already admitted I could have worded a couple of posts a little better. I do have some humility. (...) I'm tired of it. I'm not amused by it. I’m not a mean person, and I try not to gloat. (...) <whine (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Scott Arthur
     Sorry. I boobed. I had no idea this was heading for .general. FUT lugnet.admin.suggestions Scott A (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.general)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Tim Courtney
   (...) I agree 100% with Richard. (...) I can see how that would be incredibly frustrating. I have my distinct opinions on who is the corrosive one, but I really think at this point both of you are devaluing the LUGNET experience for the users who (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Eric Sophie
   I would just like to say that the extent of the discussions that have gone on here in the Lugnet Commuity are on the whole about Lego as it should be. I don't know how to fully encapsulate my fellings on how much that has drifted, suffice to say (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Scott Arthur
    (...) As I have said before, I would like to see o-t.d changed so that new threads cannot be started there. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y Suzanne D. Rich
   (...) That's not a bad idea. It could't prevent the general behavior, but would discourage it, and make a point to those people who tried it for the first time. -Suz (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Thomas Stangl
   Denying new threads would do nothing except make it harder for people to ignore threads they have no interest in, since people would be replying to current threads to fire off a new topic (more than is already done so). It would accomplish nothing (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Frank Filz
   (...) I'll add my voice in opposition to this proposal also. It will result in a couple things: - it will do nothing to stop the current debates, there's plenty of existing threads to hang off of - it will clutter other threads with debate (right (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —David Koudys
   (...) o.t-debate is for discussing things not related to LEGO, so if I wanted to start a discourse on, say, the merits of green crayons as opposed to red crayons for colouring the grass in my neices 'Sailor Moon' colouring book, and I wanted (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y Suzanne D. Rich
   (...) admin.roundtable turned into the group you're using now, admin.suggestions. This is the place for discussing modification of charters, etc. I chose not to use the word 'roundtable' (even though it was an appropriate word) because I did not (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Block user X from replying to a message by user Y —Frank Filz
   (...) I wouldn't have made that connotation, but then, here at IBM, roundtables are meetings where upper management brings a bunch of peons into the room to just have an open discussion. (...) It does seem to be working pretty well, and is keeping a (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)