 Administrative / Suggestions / 191
    Re: Fantasy group? —Jude Beaudin
   (...) Frank, I don't think Kevin (the original poster) is seeking to have things move out of .castle but he wants a place for the type of fantasy that he does not feel belongs in .castle nor .space in the first place. He is not seeking the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Fantasy group? —Frank Filz
   (...) You point out someting which I was somewhat ignoring, that someone posting the material is asking for a new group, however, a quick search for Pern on Lugnet finds 22 posts, 7 of which are in the thread which Kevin started, 8 of which (at the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Fantasy group? —Matt Hein
     (...) Actually, LOTR and Pern would probably door quite well together if placed in a fantasy group. Since LOTR really doesn't revolve around castle, and is positioned so far beyond the verge of fantasy, where it really has nothing to do with castle, (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Fantasy group? —Frank Filz
     (...) I think I disagree with your characterisation of LOTR. It is just as relevant to castle as Isle of Mist, and it certainly is not "so far beyond the verge of fantasy" (after all, it is usually taken as one of the definitive works of the (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Fantasy group? —Bruce Hietbrink
   Hi all, I'm a daily reader of .castle and one of those who has posted LotR creations (and in actuality there are only two of us who have posted multiple LotR creations). I would strongly argue against creating a new group for fantasy. My reasons: 1. (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Fantasy group? Suzanne D. Rich
     After doing some reading and thinking, I feel that a new group is not needed at this time. In fact, its addition may even lead to more harm than good. I thought Frank made some excellent points in this post: (URL) was so good, IMHO, it ought to end (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Fantasy group? Suzanne D. Rich
   After doing some reading and thinking, I feel that a new group is not needed at this time. In fact, its addition may even lead to more harm than good. I thought Frank made some excellent points in this post: (URL) was so good, IMHO, it ought to end (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Fantasy group? —Matt Hein
     (...) Build.fiction, fantasy, what's the difference? In the long run, I would consider both to really fit in the same categoory, since, they're both fiction, and of course, fantasy can really fit into any genre is you stop to think about it. (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Fantasy group? —Frank Filz
      (...) build.fiction makes it more clear that the group is open to both SF and fantasy (and romance, and various other "fiction" themes). Of course as you point out, most of what we do is fantasy, and is also fiction, but I think most of us would (...) (22 years ago, 6-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Fantasy group? Suzanne D. Rich
     (...) I'm not sure what you mean by 'in the long run'... Just to clarify, adding a group called build.fiction would have the intent of attracting posters whose building may be inspired by: TRON, Blade Runner, Hello Kitty, Le Morte D'Arthur, Monty (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

         Re: Fantasy group? —Bruce Hietbrink
     (...) :) !!!!! Now I want to make some Dr. Seuss MOCs. I'm not quite sure how, but there has to be a way. Bruce (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)

        Re: Fantasy group? —Kevin Wilson
   LUGNET Admin wrote in message ... (...) needed (...) I don't think it would actually do harm, but I'm OK with it not being created, now that the discussion has clarified where the orphaned Pern thread should be located. <goes back to reading "Skies (...) (22 years ago, 7-May-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions)