 Administrative / Suggestions / 1045
Re: SWM AFOL in Boston seeking SF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:20:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
My point, again, was the group ITSELF is in the wrong place. As anal as
some of the people are around here about posting in the correct place and
keeping the tight compartmentalization in place I find it odd that these 100%
off-topic posts (despite the fact the posts themselves may be in the correct
group – the point is the group itself is in the wrong group) are allowed outside
the off-topic forum.

Mark -
While I happen to personally agree with the point you are trying to make (to an
extent), from an administrative perspective, I don't agree with the way you're
trying to make it. Being combative with Lenny isn't going to get you any closer
to your stated goal, nor is it constructive to act in such a manner.

LUGNET's administrators have discussed at length the on-topic or off-topic
nature of the people.* hierarchy, and current thinking will keep the groups
where they're at. I stand by Todd's decision.

If you feel the need to continue discussing your stated contention - the on- or
off-topic nature of the people.* hierarchy, please continue to do so. However,
please don't bring it to a personal level with administrators posting in their
official capacity.

-Tim