 Administrative / Suggestions / 1049
Re: SWM AFOL in Boston seeking SF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:12:37 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Mark Papenfuss wrote:
So please don't tell me that it is not 'constructive to act in such a
manner' - you telling me is misplaced.

Tim's message was not misplaced, Mark, and you are disrespecting him by
telling him that.

There was not a darn thing wrong with my tone in my post that was
directed towards Todd,

Perhaps nothing "wrong" but certainly disrespectful.  When you said:

  "If you want to talk about finding your soul mate or others want to
   talk about how gay marriage was outlawed in some state then please
   put it where it belongs - and that is not among the Lego posts."

you implied, quite boldly, that the groups do not belong inside of the
.people hierarchy.  This is just pure and simply wrong.  The groups DO
belong there, because that's where we decided to PUT them.  It's not up
to you to decide that or to judge that.

Yes, you are free to make suggestions and to politely question the
decision -- but if you want to be taken seriously, then for goshsakes
don't do it in such a bold and condescending tone.  This was in part
what Lenny was referring to when he called your tactic low and unfair.

Incidentally, I cancelled my post not because I felt it was posted in the
wrong place, but because I felt embarassed by the existence of a reply
to it which had nothing to do with it and dragged it out of the two tiny
groups it was posted in and into the wide open area of the .admin tree.
I may repost it in the future.  Or I may not.

And yes I am upset here. You have Leonard and his direct refusal to
comprehend very simple points to thank for that. I have every right
to be upset over the treatment Leonard is dishing out to me.

If you are upset by Lenny's replies to you, then you should ask Lenny
for a personal apology.

And I was not upset until Leonard started to do his Mohammed Saeed
al-Sahaf impersonations.

Cute.

I am outraged that the Lugnet Admins have acted in the way they have in
this thread.

How about you take a deep breath and relax.

--Todd