 Administrative / Suggestions / 1037
Re: SWM AFOL in Boston seeking SF
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:07:16 GMT

But more to the point, I find this whole post and the tactic it represents as
being low and unfair.

Shame you think that Leonard - I am not in any way trying ot do what you are
attemptint ot twist my intentions into.

Mark,
You replied to a User's post[1] with a rationale for why the particular
newsgroup belongs on another part of LUGNET.  The post in question is perfectly
on-topic for the newsgroup it is placed in, fully within the Charter of that
group (.people.singles).  Your reply, however, is completely off-topic.  If you
have a problem with a newsgroup charter, the sole place for that discussion is
in the .admin heirarchy[2].

I am concerned about other Users being 'attacked' with reasons why their post
belongs in off-topic.

Furthermore, if you are out-lining why .people discussion belongs in off-topic,
then please be advised that we (the LUGNET Administration) are aware of your
opinion, and have taken it under advisement.  There is no need to continually
repeat your argument.

-Lenny Hoffman
Member #1168
Content Coordinator

[1] When Todd posts with his @lugnet.com address, he is acting as an
Administrator of Lugnet.  When Todd is not, he is acting as a User and should be
accorded the same respect/hands-off attitude that every other User is afforded.

[2] And certainly not as a reply to a non-.admin post or in the .people.singles
group.