 Administrative / Suggestions / 1036
1035  |  1037
Subject:
Parts Ref upgrade?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:15:26 GMT

OK. Today I was looking for the 4x4 turntable in the parts ref. So I type in
"turntable" thinking its a fairly uncommon word in LEGO parts, and his enter. I
get 1 part in the result:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=turntable

I think "Hmmmm thats strange", so I go look up the part numbers on Bricklink,
and they're 3403 and 3404, while the complete assembly (which I figure may not
be in the parts ref, or may have a different number) is 3403c01. So I type in
"3403 3404 3403c01" and what dya know, the 2 constituent parts are there but not
the compsite part.

But that gets me to thinking, why didn't those 2 parts show up in the search
with "turntable"? So I go to the parts ref main page, and click "keywords".
"Turntable" seems to have 7 parts associated with it, so I click the link and I
get ... 1 result! Then I notice it's the same URL as the standard search, so I
start wondering why it has a 7 next to it in the keywords list?

And I can't think of an answer to these questions that doesn't involve problems
with the parts ref. Can anyone else? And is the composite turntable part in the
parts ref? I can't think of any other way to find it.

Thanks

ROSCO