 Administrative / NNTP / Search Results: hermit structure tough decisions
 Results 81 – 100 of 132.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) It may also have been a misreading of this statement: (...) I've got some very mixed feelings about the April Fools jokes. This has been kicked off by the current business with the supposed NGLTC highway cleanup sign. One thing I'm really (...) (24 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.976)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I like this, but it would be important that they were all presented together on the web page so that it was obvious they were similar in nature. (...) OK, so where will .nelug (for example) sit? If you slap it under .us it's too broad an (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.976)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

Todd: (...) Why not. (...) Probably a good idea. Your arguments for it make sense. (...) I don't really read the market groups, but if it makes it easier to get people to keep market posts in the market groups, them I am all for the change. (...) I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.975)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) You have to realize that the language barrier can refrain many from joining lugnet in the first place - if you don't know there are any local groups, which you can understand, you don't search for them through the main site in a language you (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.975)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Sure. They can't hurt, and adding them gives you the coverage you need to toast the mostly obsolete dear-lego group. I'd suggest having them as just .rant and .rave instead of under the .lego.* hierarchy, to avoid implications that they're (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.975)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) flogs. (...) OK, this isn't an answer to one of your specific questions, but I will comment about these ideas anyway. I see no need to separate .forsale from .swap. Everything I have forsale is also available for swap and vice versa. Actually, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.975)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I agree with the comment that it shouldn't be under .lego. Otherwise, this sounds like a good way to deal with the type of comments you describe. (...) Ditto my comments about .rant. Plus, I'd recomend a name change. The term rave has certain (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.975)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) There will always be gray areas and blurred lines. The only real way to avoid them is to jump to one extreme or the other- ie: either one group (.market.anything-goes) or a multiplicity of groups (.auction.ebay, .auction.private, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.975)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I'm still not a big fan of auctions. I think/find that auctions in general (and ebay in particular) give the appearance that the market & collectability aspects of the hobby are more important/prominant than the building/community aspects of (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.975)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

I'm a little late coming on this discussion topic but I thought I'd add my thoughts anyhow. I'd be interested in your current thoughts on this issue Todd, after reading so many responses.....not that I doubt you'll keep us all well aware of your (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.973)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I aggree with James, leave Canada's local groups as is! Canada and the U.S. should be left with their subgroups! Please don't take away loc: Canada, Ontario, Toronto! Richard (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.969)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Wow. Well thanx for starting this discussion up Todd. It focuses into one thread what a lot of people have been talking about on and off for some time. I've read all the posts that are available and found about 15 that had a point in it that I (...) (24 years ago, 6-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.969)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) So post in it then. That probably sounds facetious. But if it's the .market group for all of LUGNET regardless of country, then use it. I post to it for things from Canada. I just make sure I identify the country to avoid confusion. I wish (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.967)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Sorry I've got no real opinion on this... (...) I'd rather have things stay the same, and move anything that is not a *straight* sale /trade to .auction (stricter rules for the .b-s-t group) Perhaps make additional group(s) for places as ebay (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.962)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.954)

  Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

I'd like to kick off a discussion about the current state of the newsgroup structure here -- missing groups, unnecessary, groups, annoyingly or confusingly named groups, etc. The goal of this discussion is to come away with a list of practical (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.debate) !!

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.854)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) Thanks Todd for giving us the opputunity to have input into this. I think .Rant is a good idea but would want people to be able to include probelms with specific sellers/buyers in .Marketplace so that the whole Marketplace community are aware (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.850)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) What about lugnet.general? That's a basic group for talking about LEGO. Human interaction (in an NNTP type forum) only comes in so many flavors, and debate is a big one. (...) Uh. I didn't say that everything else *was* an auction, I just said (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.849)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

OK, I'm posting before reading most of the other replies... (...) Thanks for getting us involved, like Alison said. <skip to the end> (...) lugnet.rant and lugnet.rave, yes. A good place to voice opinions that would potentially annoy other people, (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.849)

  Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions

(...) I like the idea for all of these although I can see quite a bit of crossposting between .debate and the other 2. Maybe these groups should have restricted cross-posting? I.E. No cross posting at all or the only crossposting would be allowed if (...) (24 years ago, 5-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

structure, tough, decisions
(score: 4.849)

More:  Next Page >>