 Administrative / NNTP / 355
Re: Newsgroup structure: some tough decisions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 04:03:13 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
Perhaps even give each loc.xx group it's own .b-s-t group, for
regional/national sales, to avoid clutter/frustration (the current "US
only" kind of posts in b-s-t and .auction really annoy me... it's an
international group targeted towards people around the world)

So post in it then.  That probably sounds facetious.  But if
it's the .market group for all of LUGNET regardless of country,
then use it.  I post to it for things from Canada.  I just make
sure I identify the country to avoid confusion.  I wish people
from the US would do the same but by volume it's pretty much
assumed that a post is from the US by default.  I wouldn't
bother getting annoyed over it.

KDJ
LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada