 Administrative / NNTP / 481 (-10)
  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) First, welcome to LUGNET!!! We really are a friendly bunch most of the time :-). As for your question I think I would say it is highly unlikely a vote would happen. LUGNET is privately owned by Todd Lehman and Suzanne Rich which means what (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) Well I may be mistaken but I think that Todd and Suz may feel a bit betrayed by LD. The one example that comes to mind is the T-Shirt Thread. (URL) a few months later got to this response from LD: (URL) I think Got Suzanne upset: (URL) you (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: NNTP vs Web Interface (was Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) from what I remember about avid, it just gives you the last x articles, starting from article number y... when you do with that data is all up to you - it does give you all the headers, so you could track msgids of threads that wander about, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: NNTP vs Web Interface (was Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

(...) I know it's a bit inside out... but talk to Sproat and look at avid. Details are hazy but it may be of some help to you. (not to me, I swore off NNTP and do web exclusively, but yes, I agree with you, I feel it is another anti NNTP development (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

Just to add another point: I don't usually read LUGNET postings off the web site, but get some of the groups as daily email digests. I like seeing announcements for limited items at LSAHS in the market newsgroup. But now, I will never see these (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) I don't know where you're getting that. (URL) is said about who can start a thread, only who can follow up to a post. (...) Oh, dear, I estimated incorrectly. My point still stands at 1 year 3 months- the group has nothing to do with expecting (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:qrdae6mnom2.fsf....uio.no... (...) Take a day off and a brew-ha-ha erupts! I just read through the thread using this link: (URL) prefer a news reader interface but don't (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

I'm quite new to the Lugnet community so I'm not up on structure and procedure, (I didn't know Lego were active participents) but this is obviously a topic that has got a lot of people going. would a vote be possible in a case like this where (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The Relationship - LEGO and its Fans (was: Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings)

I am as bewildered as anyone else here..... I thought that there wasn't enough interaction between LD and LUGNET as it is. And I certainly would like someplace within LUGNET where we (LUGNET folks) could interact freely with TLC in a total forum, (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings

(...) Not under the new proposed rules, unless you hang it off some unrelated post by an LD person. (...) September 28 1998 was the formation date for dear-lego, from the group header. December 1999 was when Brad showed up (1) My math gives me 1 (...) (24 years ago, 16-Mar-01, to lugnet.admin.nntp)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact