 Administrative / NNTP / 472
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.nntp
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:12:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.nntp, Eric Joslin writes:
In lugnet.admin.nntp, Mark Papenfuss writes:

BUT - when kids write a letter to Santa, there will be no response because
there is no Santa (hope I did not burst any bubbles) - and when we write a
letter to Lego we would like a response because the can (well, were) able to
reply - they were actuall people with actuall answers with actuall
computers. We wanted them to respond, why else write it?

If you really care about a response, you can post it in lugnet.lego.direct.

Not under the new proposed rules, unless you hang it off some unrelated post
by an LD person.

Lugnet.dear-lego has always been for letters you don't really expect/want/need
an answer to.  It predates LEGO's presence on Lugnet by... well, shoot, a
couple years, at least.

September 28 1998 was the formation date for dear-lego, from the group header.
December 1999 was when Brad showed up (1)

My math gives me 1 year 3 months at MOST, not a couple of years at LEAST.

Your math may differ of course, and you're entitled to your opinion of
reality. Reality doesn't care what you think, though, it just is what it is.

You're rationalising. So's Todd. What I don't get, though, is why. What is
this big thing that has made you so anti anything tainted with even the
slightest hint of the notion that people and companies want to sell things?

1 - and said that things would be happening and that his group would want
our input and a lot of fans gave him positive constructive suggestions...
you know the thread, I think. It's the one that got a lot of people
optimistic that TLC did care and did want to help fans... and it's the one
you used as your example of group clutter.